This easy beet hummus is bright in flavor and color. Hints of sweetness from the beets, tangy lemon, garlic, and warm spices are blended together for a healthy nutrient-packed dip great for an appetizer or snack to share! The hot pink color makes it a real showstopper. Kick it up a notch by adding a little salty feta.
Be sure to read the complete post for more tips and information.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or from can), remove skins for a more smooth finish
- 15 oz canned beets, drained (or 8 oz fully cooked and cooled beets)
- 3 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 small garlic clove
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, more if needed
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp each cumin, coriander, and sumac (optional)
- 2 ice cubes, more if needed
- Extra virgin olive oil (I used Early Harvest Greek extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garnish (optional): feta cheese and parsley
- Pita bread wedges or homemade pita chips
- Veggies to dip
- In the large bowl of a food processor fitted with blade, place chickpeas, cooked beets, tahini, garlic, lemon juice. Season with salt and spices.
- Run processor for a bit, and while it's running, add 2 ice cubes (this helps whip the beet hummus to a nice creamy consistency.)
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Run processor again if the hummus is too thick yet, adding a little more ice as it runs (you can let it run for 4 minutes or so until you reach your desired creamy texture.)
- Transfer beet hummus to a bowl. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle feta and parsley on top. Serve with pita wedges or homemade pita chips and veggies for dipping.
- Cook's Tips: For creamier hummus, remove the chickpea skins. Adding a couple of ice cubes while the food processor is running also helps the texture by making the hummus more fluffy and creamy.
- Visit Our Online Shop to browse our Greek extra virgin olive oils, all-natural spices including cumin, coriander and sumac.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Beet Hummus, Beet and Chickpea Hummus