Perfectly crispy baked zucchini chips! Tasty, healthy, low-calorie, vegan, gluten-free snack that everyone loves. And if you like to dip your chips, make tzatziki sauce to go along!
- If you plan to have a dip for your zucchini chips, make Greek Tzatziki sauce according to this recipe. Cover and refrigerate for now.
- For zucchini, again make sure they have been sliced thinly and evenly to about 1/8-inch rounds. Using a mandoline is the best way to do this.
- Spread zucchini slices on large sheets of paper towel. Sprinkle zucchini with kosher salt, then cover with more paper towel. Now, place a sheet pan on top of covered zucchini and add a plate or a cutting board to weigh the sheet pan down (the idea here is to squeeze out any excess water from zucchini.) Leave for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 245 degrees F.
- Line large sheet pan (or two sheet pans if needed) with parchment paper. Brush parchment lightly with extra virgin olive oil. Arrange zucchini slices on top of parchment in one single layer.
- Brush zucchini lightly with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle harissa spice blend on top (optional, but adds great flavor!)
- Bake in heated oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until crisp and golden. If some of the zucchini chip are still damp, remove the ones that have crisped up, and return sheet pan to bake until all zucchini is nice and crispy.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a side of Greek tzatziki sauce.
- Storing instructions: you can store zucchini chips in zip lock bags for a good couple of weeks.
- Recommended for this recipe: Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives), and our all-natural Harissa Spice Blend (a unique spice blend of three types of chili along with sumac, caraway, fennel, cumin, coriander, garlic and peppermint.)
- SAVE! Try our Greek EVOO Bundle and our Exotic 4 Spice Bundle! Or create your own 6-pack or 3-pack from our all-natural or organic spice collections!
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: crispy baked zucchini chips, zucchini chips, vegetable chips, crispy veggie chips, veggie chips,