An especially satisfying and perfectly fluffy omelette, loaded with Mediterranean favorites. Turn it into lunch or a simple dinner for two with a side of warm pita bread and Greek Tzatziki sauce!
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp fat-free milk
- 1/4 tsp baking powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Spanish paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- Salt and pepper, to your liking (I used about 1/2 tsp each)
- 1 1/2 tsp Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tzatziki sauce recipe to serve, optional
- Warm pita to serve, optional
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp sliced pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, more for later
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint, more for later
- Crumbled feta cheese, to your liking, optional
- In a mixing bowl, add the eggs, milk, baking powder (if using), spices, salt and pepper. Quickly and vigorously whisk to combine.
- In a 10-inch non-stick skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil until shimmering but not smoking. Be sure to tilt the skillet to coat the bottom well with oil.
- Pour the egg mixture in and immediately stir with a heat-resistant spatula for like 5 seconds. Then push the cooked portions at the edge toward the center, tilting the pan to allow uncooked egg to fill in around the edges. When no more egg runs to the sides, continue to cook until almost set and the bottom is light golden (about 1 minute.) Remember, the omelette has more time to cook once filled and folded.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Spoon a good portion of the toppings onto the center third of the omelette. Use the spatula to fold. Add the remainder of the toppings on top. Sprinkle a little more fresh herbs.
- Slice the omelette into two halves and serve hot. If you like, add a side of Greek tzatziki sauce and warm pita bread. Enjoy!
- Cooking notes: 1) Be sure to prepare the toppings first. Whisk the eggs together just before cooking. 2) the baking powder is optional, but as a leavening agent, it's what adds volume and makes the omelet extra fluffy.
- Recommended for this recipe: Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil. And from our all-natural spice collection, Spanish Paprika and ground Allspice.
- SAVE! Try our Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle, or create your own 6-pack or 3-pack from all-natural or organic spice collections!
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Mediterranean Omelette, Omelette, Breakfast,