This flavor-packed paprika chicken is never a hard sell at my house. And I’m not shy serving it to company (yes, directly from the pan!)
You can quickly see the draw to this paprika chicken recipe, can’t you? First, it’s roast chicken, you know, with deep golden skin. Then, perfectly tender autumn veggies around. And all in one sheet pan!
It all begins with simply seasoning the chicken with salt and letting it be for a bit, allowing the flavoring process to begin. And while that takes place, we go to work on the rest.
We’re not shy in using spices here, particularly our all-natural sweet Spanish paprika. If you’re not familiar, paprika is a mild chili powder made by grinding sweet red paprika chilies after the seeds have been removed. It provides a beautiful orange hue and a sweet peppery aroma. Not an overwhelming spice, but gives a lot of depth to this autumn-inspired sheet pan chicken.
What to Serve with this paprika chicken
The point of a sheet pan meal is to keep dishes to a minimum, right? And you really probably don’t need much more to serve along. I often start with a salad like fattoush or this lazy Mediterranean salad. And I throw some warmed pita bread next to it. If you like, make a side of quick, plain couscous, or this Lebanese rice.
Sheet Pan Paprika Chicken and Vegetables
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 6 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed, and halved
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled, and cubed
- 2 shallots, peeled, and quartered
- Olive Oil
- 10 garlic cloves, crushed into a paste
- Private Reserve Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sweet Spanish Paprika, divided
- 1 tsp ground coriander, divided
- 1 tsp allspice, divided
- Pat the chicken dry and salt generously on both sides. Set aside at room temperature for a few minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients (ideally 30 minutes, if you have the time).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place sprouts, potatoes, and shallots on a large sheet pan. Season with salt and add a generous drizzle of olive oil. Toss.
- Now, in a small bowl mix the spices together.
- Sprinkle 1 1/3 tbsp of the spice mixture on top of the veggies.
- To the remaining spice mixture, add the garlic, lemon juice and 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Stir to combine into a paste. Coat the chicken with this paste on both sides and also underneath the skin (lift skin up and add spice paste, this is important for flavor).
- Nestle the chicken pieces in with the vegetables on the sheet pan.
- Roast in heated oven until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are just tender (about 35 minutes or so). Enjoy! (see suggestions for what to serve with paprika chicken up in the post)
- Recommended for this recipe: Our all-natural Spanish Sweet Paprika, allspice, and coriander. SAVE! Create your own 3-pack or 6-pack from our all-natural and organic spice collections!
- Recommended for this recipe: Our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives). SAVE! Try our Greek Olive Oil Bundle!
More Recipes to Try