An easy Mediterranean one-pan farro recipe with mushrooms, peas, garlic, and fresh herbs!
- Olive oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms,cleaned, trimmed and sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup Italian Pearled Farro
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 springs fresh thyme, leaves only
- Salt and pepper
- 2 1/4 cup vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- In a deep skillet with a lid (like this one), heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add green onions, mushrooms and peas; saute for 3-4 minutes. Add fresh garlic and stir briefly until fragrant.
- Now add farro, sweet paprika, thyme, and a little salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, boil the vegetable broth. Add the boiling broth to the farro mixture.
- Bring everything to a boil, then lower heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and add grated Parmesan and fresh mint leaves. Serve warm. Enjoy!
- Cook’s Tip: As a vegetarian entree or main course, this recipe will serve 4. If served as a side next to your favorite protein such as salmon or chicken, it can serve 5 to 6 people.
- Cook’s Tip: To serve as a vegetarian entree, consider adding a salad like this Mediterranean Salad or 3-Bean Salad. Or serve this farro recipe as a side next to your favorite protein.
- Leftovers? Store leftovers in the fridge in air-tight containers for 3 to 4 days. Warm over medium-low heat, adding a little water and stirring as needed.
- Recommended for this Recipe: Our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives!)
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Side
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Farro Recipe, farro risotto