Ruth Bardis is an international award-winning cookbook author, food stylist, publisher, and photographer passionate about all thing’s Greek food. She was born in Australia to Greek parents. Her strong ethnic heritage and love of nourishing food facilitated her switch from fashion designing to cooking, photography, and writing.
Ruth has been interviewed by several organisations, book signed and collaborated with the following. SBS Greek Radio Melbourne, Insider Magazine: France and Greece, Zelos Magazine, The Mediterranean Lifestyle Magazine, Neos Kosmos, The Greek Herald and The Weekly Newspapers, Antoniou filo pastry, Antipodes (Melbourne) and Paniyiri (Brisbane) festivals, Oasis Coffee, The Greek Providore, Simon Johnson. Ruth has also done cooking demonstrations for MOPS (Mothers of Pre-schooler club) VIC, Shailer Park Library, Brisbane, QLD, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.A, and has had a recipe of hers showcased in Award winning Janice Sutton’s book, TOMATO. Ruth was also selected to be the talent for Oasis coffee brands latest SBS On Demand TV campaign showcasing Greek coffee.
Her award-winning cookbooks to date are:
Simply More Greek: Foods from the Garden, the Sea and the Bakery.
- Best in the WORLD Mediterranean Cookbook (Gourmand Award, Sweden, June 2023).
- Best Mediterranean Cookbook & Best Self- Published Cookbook, Australia (Gourmand Award, December 2022).
- Independent Publisher Award, Silver (IPPY, New York 2023).
Beyond the Greek Salad: Regional foods from all around Greece.
- Independent Publisher Award, Bronze (IPPY, New York 2020).
- Harvest Award for Mediterranean Cooking (Gourmand Award, 2020) .
Hellenic Kanella: Memories Made in A Greek Kitchen.
- Best in the World for Mediterranean Cookbook (Gourmand Award, 2017).
- Best Foreign-International Cookbook (Gourmand Award, Australia 2017).