Full Time | Remote | Some Travel Required
Director of Digital Marketing
About The Mediterranean Dish
We are a fast-growing food media publisher and ecommerce company, looking for a visionary and motivated leader who is excited to grow and build something great! With over 4 million monthly visitors and 8 million monthly pageviews, we are the largest online publication of Mediterranean recipes. Our mission is to make eating the Mediterranean easy for everyone, by offering free online recipes and an online shop with hard to find pantry ingredients sourced directly from the Mediterranean. With your help we will achieve our goal!
About the Role
The Mediterranean Dish is seeking an innovative, high-energy entrepreneur with experience and a proven track record in developing, managing, and executing marketing efforts for maximum ROI. The Marketing Director position will be responsible for increasing brand visibility and awareness, strategic direction, and channel optimization to exponentially increase site traffic, conversion, and revenue.
Working closely with the editorial and e-commerce teams, this role will lead high-level strategic marketing efforts as well as the hands-on, day-to-day successful execution of marketing plans through all channels including social media, e-mail marketing, SMS, and more.
- Lead brand awareness and marketing initiatives including boosting conversions through social media, email, SMS, and more. Exhibit an ROI approach to performance marketing on all channels.
- Develop and manage strategic and tactical initiatives to exponentially grow brand presence on all social media channels. Take strategic ownership of the brand’s social platforms, guiding high-level strategy and day-to-day optimizations to increase traffic, engagement, community, and revenue.
- Work with Social Media Specialist to drive fresh and exciting storytelling on social media and beyond as it relates to brand sentiment, cultural mindfulness, and integrating brand initiatives for maximum impact and ROI.
- Work with eCommerce Director to develop and manage high converting campaigns and landing page experiences on the Shopify Platform
- Work closely with the editorial team to optimize and create efficient processes to exponentially grow traffic to new and existing content.
- Enhance and optimize e-mail marketing initiatives to drive traffic to the website and to push for sales conversions. Create and monitor email marketing flows/automation to maximize engagement with our audience.
- Further develop strategic roadmap for digital engagement using journeys and marketing automations across different channels as applicable.
- Identify the latest trends and technologies for SMS, email marketing, and social media to inform day-to-day performance.
- Develop, manage, and monitor digital marketing budgets, reporting and performance.
- Manage brand partnerships and create opportunities for profitable collaborations. Solicit new and manage existing affiliate relationships and sponsorships with brands serving related industries.
- Solicit new and manage existing relationships with other major publishers for brand exposure and mentions as applicable.
- Implement analytics, dashboards and ROI analysis to optimize performance media and lead marketing for acquisition, nurture, conversion and renewals.
- Develop and motivate marketing staff with day-to-day coaching and by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Measure key metrics for digital marketing and demand generation including acquisition, conversion rates, engagement rates, and renewal rates.
- Leverage data and analytics to drive insights.
- Manage the digital marketing budget.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
- An entrepreneur at heart, self-motivated and driven by the need to succeed for the overall mission of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Business Management
- 7+ years digital marketing experience, with preference given to those candidates having experience in the digital media or ecommerce industries.
- 4+ years leadership experience managing a digital marketing team.
- Proven success with email marketing and social media campaigns, by increasing the number social and email subscribers, driving traffic to the website, converting subscribers into buyers, and building long-term brand loyalty.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to interpret and translate data into actionable proposals with high ROI.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient experience with social media, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and TikTok. Proven experience driving social media growth and engagement resulting in increased brand awareness, website traffic, and sales conversions.
- Keen knowledge of best practices needed to maximize engagement with digital and video content across all channels.
- Proven ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively with other team members.
- Proven ability to build relationships with other brands and outlets resulting in profitable new collaborations in the digital space and beyond.
- Proficient understanding of full marketing tech stack in areas such as WordPress, Shopify, Klaviyo and Attentive.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Klaviyo and Attentive is preferred.
- Knowledge of digital marketing best practices and experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
- Experience with lead magnets and creating high-converting landing pages.
- Open to some travel
We can’t wait to welcome you to our team!
As a woman-owned and led company, TMD is committed to building an inclusive, and supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. We are committed to your joy, work-life balance, and personal growth. Some perks for full-time employees include:
- Fully remote work: We know you can do your best work from home or your favorite coffee shop, and we're here for it! We will work with you to make sure our schedules align and the team can be productive together no matter where we are. We still like a little face-time so plan on traveling for the occasional work retreat.
- We Care: Paid time off, 401k, Health, Dental, Vision, are part of a comprehensive benefits package.
- Paid Maternal and Paternal Leave: Take some needed paid leave when a little one joins the family!
- Ongoing Learning: We will provide access to a variety of Learning and Development options, like online courses or coaching - and support you pursuing ones that you are passionate about!
- Competitive Pay: Competitive base salary commensurate with your experience