Full Time | Remote | Some Travel Required
The Mediterranean Dish is looking for an SEO Content Editor to be responsible for writing, assigning, and editing SEO content (both new content and refreshed content) across TMD’s core recipe and ecommerce website The Mediterranean Dish. This role reports to the Senior Executive and collaborates with the Content, Social Media, and Commerce/Shopping teams to execute and maintain evergreen, SEO-optimized recipe and educational content. This role is a critical element of archive maintenance and new SEO content growth. The ideal candidate has an affinity for writing and updating high-quality, creative service content that can make a meaningful impact on readers’ lives through authoritative advice and answers.
- Write, assign, edit and schedule evergreen service content (such as explainers, guides, and definitions).
- Update existing evergreen content for The Mediterranean Dish, performing research and writing new copy as needed
- Demonstrates excellent writing and editorial skills needed to produce snappy copy with solid knowledge of the rules of grammar, and a laser-focused attention to detail.
- Be accountable for calendars of content updates on seasonal schedules
- Manage the SEO update budget
- Help develop and test new content templates for effectiveness
- Receive content priorities and initiatives for execution from the Senior Executive Editor and collaboratively execute with Content and Commerce/Shopping teams.
- Collaborate with our Senior Executive editor and photographers in creating high-value SEO visual assets
- Collaborate with video//social media staff SEO video strategy
- Write shotlist for photographers when needed for updates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 4 years of digital editorial experience with a specific focus in SEO content creation. Must be comfortable writing, assigning and editing stories for voice, authority, and expertise at digital speed and scale
- Minimum of 4 years technical recipe editing experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in SEO best practices (around EEAT, commerce, ingredient explainers, recipes, and educational content, etc.) and comfortable optimizing content so it aligns with those practices
- Experience in food and culture content
- Comfortable working with an international cross cultural team of writers and photographers this includes being cognizant of specific cultural holidays and food preferences.
- Experience utilizing SEO tools such as SEMRush for keyword research, content outlining, and competitive analysis
- Experience with digital publishing tools such as CMS systems such as Wordpress, and analytics (Google Analytics)
- Ability to execute strategy, while balancing shifting priorities
- Highly capable of working independently and efficiently
- Passion for the culture and cuisines of the Mediterranean
- Experience in educational content writing
- Nutrition background
This position is fully remote but can require travel up to 4 times per year.
The above represents the expected salary range for this role. Ultimately, compensation is determined by level of experience, location, and other job-related factors.
We can’t wait to welcome you to our team!
As a woman-owned and led company, TMD is committed to building an inclusive, and supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. We are committed to your joy, work-life balance, and personal growth. Some perks for full-time employees include:
- Fully remote work: We know you can do your best work from home or your favorite coffee shop, and we're here for it! We will work with you to make sure our schedules align and the team can be productive together no matter where we are. We still like a little facetime so plan on traveling for work retreats 3 to 4 times per year.
- Paid Maternal Leave: Take up to 6 weeks paid leave and an additional two weeks unpaid when a little one joins the family.
- Ongoing Learning: We will provide access to a variety of Learning and Development options, like online courses or coaching - and support you pursuing ones that you are passionate about!
- Competitive Pay: Competitive base salary commensurate with your experience
- We Care: PTO, 401k, Health, Dental, Vision, are part of a comprehensive benefits package.
- Yummy Food: This goes without saying!
About The Mediterranean Dish
Our CEO, Founder and New York Times Bestselling Author Suzy Karadsheh, was born and raised on Egypt's Mediterranean shores. She started this site in 2014 as a place to document the flavors and recipes she grew up with for her Michigan-born daughters.
Since then, tens of millions of home cooks seeking a delicious and healthful lifestyle have found their way here. Today, TheMediterraneanDish.com is the No. 1 online resource for modern Mediterranean cooking and the Mediterranean lifestyle with millions of monthly readers and avid followers.
Suzy’s first book, The Mediterranean Dish: 120 Bold and Healthy Recipes to Make on Repeat, made the New York Times Bestseller list within the first month of its release. She is now hard at work on her second book.
At The Mediterranean Dish, we believe in a balanced, sensible way of eating — and living — that is based on three simple Mediterranean diet principles: Eat with the seasons, use mostly whole foods, and above all, share. Our mission is to help readers cook nutritious and bold Mediterranean meals with less stress in the kitchen and more joy around the table!
As the leading Mediterranean food and lifestyle website, we have the power and responsibility to affect positive change. To do this we believe in creating and sharing helpful and authentic content, making us a one-stop resource to support our readers on their journey to a healthier more joyful lifestyle. And we want you to be a part of it!