Super tender grilled lamb chops that have been marinated in Mediterranean spices, garlic, and lemon juice. Serve them with tomato mint quinoa included in this recipe and a little Tztaziki sauce or see other ideas below!
For the Lamb
- 1 tsp garlic paste (or finely minced garlic)
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground green cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- scant 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- Olive oil
- 2 frenched racks of lamb, fat trimmed, separated into chops (about 16 chops)
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1 small yellow or red onion, sliced
For the Tomato Mint Quinoa
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 14.5 oz can petit tomato diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves, more for garnish
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl combine the garlic and spices with 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves and 2 tbsp of olive oil. This makes a rub for the lamb.
- Take the lamb chops and rub them each on both sides with the garlic-spice rub. Place the chops in a deep dish with 2 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice and onions. Cover and leave in the fridge for 1 to 4 hours.
- 20 to 25 minutes before grilling, remove the lamb chops from the fridge and let them rest at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to package instructions, adding a dash of salt and olive oil to the cooking water. (For 1 cup of quinoa, you'll add 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.)
- Now let's add flavor to the cooked quinoa! In a non-stick pan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Stir in garlic and cook very briefly and then add the canned diced tomato. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Now, stir in the cooked quinoa. Once warmed through, add the chopped fresh mint. Stir to combine and remove from heat. Off heat, add chopped red onions, feta cheese and more fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Time to grill the lamb chops! Heat an a gas grill (or an indoor grill pan) over high heat (make sure the grill is super hot) add the lamb chops and grill for about 2 minutes. Flip the chops over and cook for another 3 minutes for medium-rare or 3 1/2 minutes for medium (internal temperature should register 125 degrees F for medium-rare or 135 degrees F for medium). Let the chops rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- When ready to serve, transfer the tomato mint quinoa to serving bowls, top with 2 lamb chops per person. Enjoy!
- Cook's Tip: Allow time for the lamb to marinate, if possible about 1 to 4 hours in the fridge. You can do this step in advance and allow the lamb chops to marinate overnight.
- Cook's Tip: The tomato mint quinoa here is optional; skip steps 4 and 5 if you are making something else. Remember, the lamb chops cook quickly, so it is best to prepare sides ahead of time or during the time the lamb is marinating.
- Salads and Dips to Serve Along: Any number of sides will go well with this from grilled vegetables, or this simple asparagus, to three bean salad, tomato salad, or Greek salad. I love adding a dip as well like Greek tztaziki sauce or creamy hummus.
- Serving Size: To serve for dinner along with other sides, allow 2 to 3 chops per person. To serve as an appetizer, 1 chop per person is fine. Nutrition label below is based on 2 chops per person (quinoa not included.)
- Recommended for this Recipe: Our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives!)
- Visit the Mediterranean Dish store to see our all-natural or organic spices like allspice, cardamom, nutmeg and paprika all used in this recipe! Create your own 6-pack or 3-pack of your favorites!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Entree
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Grilled Lamb Chops, Mediterranean Lamb Recipe