A simple Mediterranean-style tomato salad recipe that will rock your world! Tomatoes and red onions with fresh parsley and dill, doused in citrus and, of course Early Harvest extra virgin olive oil! Vegan. Gluten-free.
Let’s start with this confession: I use tomatoes year-round, but I anxiously await tomato season. I am as excited about tomato season as my teenage daughter is about the next new gadget or app! I have been known to buy several pounds of each tomato variety I find in just one trip to the market. And between pasta dishes; my quick roasted tomatoes; and my MUST-TRY Shakshuka, we somehow manage to quickly run out of tomatoes!
There is no shortage of tomato salad options around here. Fattoush, tabouli, or even this couscous salad, make the dinner table on a regular basis. And a new favorite is today’s tomato salad, which I made to go next these beef kabobs.
5 Ingredient tomato salad Recipe
This tomato salad recipe likely the easiest I have made to date. Tomatoes and red onions with fresh parsley and dill, doused in citrus and Early Harvest Greek EVOO! I do add some garlic for good measure. Feta cheese is optional, but always a good idea!
How to Choose Tomatoes
Although the fresh herbs here are important, the star ingredient in this tomato salad recipe is, of course, tomatoes. So the end result will depend heavily on how good your tomatoes are. Choose tomatoes that are ripe, but firm. They should be plump and heavy, and the skin should be smooth and without any bruises.
Watch how to make this Tomato Salad RecipePrint
Simple Mediterranean-style tomato salad that will rock your world! Tomatoes and red onions with fresh parsley & dill, doused in citrus & olive oil! Vegan GF.
- 6 to 7 medium-size tomatoes (on-the-vine tomatoes or heirloom tomatoes preferred), sliced into wedges
- 1 medium-size red onion, thinly sliced into half moons
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped or minced
- 1 packed cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 packed cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 1/2 tsp ground sumac
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup Early Harvest Greek extra virgin olive oil
- Feta cheese, optional
- In a large salad or mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, onions, fresh herbs and garlic. Add sumac, salt and a generous sprinkle of freshly ground pepper.
- Add the lemon juice, white wine vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil. Toss well to combine. Taste and adjust the salt to your liking.
- Transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Top with large slices of quality feta cheese (optional). Serve immediately.
- Recommended for this recipe: Early Harvest Greek extra virgin olive oil. SAVE! Try our Greek EVOO Bundle.
- Recommended for this recipe: All-natural ground sumac. SAVE! Try our Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle, or create your own 6-pack or 3-pack of spices from our all-natural or organic spice collections.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Tomato Salad, Tomato Salad Recipe