This application is now closed.
Full Time (Open to Contractors) | Atlanta, GA | Remote | Some Travel Required
We are looking for an experienced, creative, passionate, hard-working, and self-motivated Associate Editor with serious writing chops to serve our growing community as we expand our reach and content offerings. While this position is a full-time remote staff position we are open to the idea of hiring two part-time contractors if they are a good fit.
In this role, you will write, produce, and publish content on our website and related channels, format, copy and conduct a first edit on contractor content, help to expand our contractor team, and collaborate with the CEO and senior executive editor on various creative tasks.
- Ideate, write, and build a wide range of snappy and compelling content pieces, including food and recipe posts, product-driven articles, trend pieces, lifestyle articles, and more as assigned.
- Handle several administrative tasks to coordinate content production and ensure content is published at optimal times.
- Execute SEO best practices, paying close attention to content performance and nimbly pivoting as needed. Remain up to date on all things SEO.
- Work collaboratively in a small and close knit team environment.
- Coordinate and oversee contributors and contractors. Provide a first edit on all pieces of content provided by outside contractors.
- Work with the recipe testing team
Our Ideal Candidate for this Position
- Has a 4+ college degree in journalism, digital communications, mass media, or similar
- Possesses 3 to 5+ years of experience in writing and editing in digital content production, preferably in food or related categories.
- Has had some experience with technical recipe editing
- Has a particular interest in and knowledge of cooking and food and wellness, along with a sense of what makes TMD unique in these categories.
- Is creative and demonstrates excellent writing and editorial skills that are needed to produce snappy copy with solid knowledge of the rules of grammar, and a laser-focused attention to detail.
- Takes initiative and is willing to learn, grow, and adapt to the needs of our fast-growing company.
- Is self-motivated and able to prioritize multiple high-priority tasks, manage own day-to-day schedule, and hit deadlines consistently.
- A team player who is loyal and fun-loving with a desire to build a career within the food media industry.
- Comfort with Google suite and content management systems
- Culinary degree is a plus but not required.
- Passion for Mediterranean cuisines, lifestyle and wellness is a plus.
- Experience with SEO writing for a food site is a plus
- Comfortable with ghost writing content as needed
We can’t wait to welcome you to our team!
As a woman-owned and led company, TMD is committed to building an inclusive, and supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. We are committed to your joy, work-life balance, and personal growth. Some perks for full-time employees include:
- Fully remote work: We know you can do your best work from home or your favorite coffee shop, and we're here for it! We will work with you to make sure our schedules align and the team can be productive together no matter where we are. We still like a little facetime so plan on traveling for work retreats 3 to 4 times per year.
- Paid Maternal Leave: Take up to 6 weeks paid leave and an additional two weeks unpaid when a little one joins the family!
- Ongoing Learning: We will provide access to a variety of Learning and Development options, like online courses or coaching - and support you pursuing ones that you are passionate about!
- Competitive Pay and Bonus: Competitive base salary commensurate with your experience + discretionary bonus.
- We Care: PTO, 401k, Health, Dental, Vision, are part of a comprehensive benefits package.
- Yummy Food: This goes without saying!
About The Mediterranean Dish
Our CEO, Founder and New York Times Bestselling Author Suzy Karadsheh, was born and raised on Egypt's Mediterranean shores. She started this site in 2014 as a place to document the flavors and recipes she grew up with for her Michigan-born daughters.
Since then, tens of millions of home cooks seeking a delicious and healthful lifestyle have found their way here. Today, TheMediterraneanDish.com is the No. 1 online resource for modern Mediterranean cooking and the Mediterranean lifestyle with millions of monthly readers and avid followers.
Suzy’s first book, The Mediterranean Dish: 120 Bold and Healthy Recipes to Make on Repeat, made the New York Times Bestseller list within the first month of its release.
At The Mediterranean Dish, we believe in a balanced, sensible way of eating — and living — that is based on three simple Mediterranean diet principles: Eat with the seasons, use mostly whole foods, and above all, share. Our mission is to help readers cook nutritious and bold Mediterranean meals with less stress in the kitchen and more joy around the table!
As the leading Mediterranean food and lifestyle website, we have the power and responsibility to affect positive change. To do this we believe in creating and sharing helpful and authentic content, making us a one-stop resource to support our readers on their journey to a healthier more joyful lifestyle. And we want you to be a part of it!
Please allow us 2 to 3 weeks to review your application. To inquire about your application, feel free to reach out to us via email at: HR@themediterraneandish.com.