Full Time | Remote | Some Travel Required
Director of Ecommerce
About The Mediterranean Dish
We are a fast-growing food media publisher and ecommerce company, and we are looking for a visionary and motivated leader who is excited to grow and build something great! As the largest online publication in the world for Mediterranean recipes, our mission is to make Mediterranean cooking easily accessible throughout all America by providing free online recipes and hard to find pantry ingredients sourced from the Mediterranean. Our goal is to make Mediterranean cuisine as mainstream as Mexican and Italian food. With your help we will achieve our goal!
We are seeking a highly motivated Ecommerce Director to lead our online retail strategy and implementation to 10x our revenue in 5 years. To be considered, you must have a proven track record of leading robust growth and profitability, along with having direct P&L responsibility. The Director of Ecommerce is a critical leadership role, reporting directly to the President and Chief Product Officer. The right candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and is self-motivated. This leader will be competitively compensated and rewarded with bonus pay for hitting and exceeding targets.
The Director of Ecommerce will be responsible for driving all aspects of TMD’s ecommerce strategy, with a focus on stout growth, expanding our reach and delivering optimal branding and online shopping experience to our customers. They will be responsible for all DTC growth initiatives with the end goal of hitting short and long-term revenue targets.
- Accountable for establishing and executing strategic direction of current and future business growth.
- Develop and execute a highly successful eCommerce strategy by directing all aspects of our DTC online retail site including content strategy, paid and organic channels, website design, web and sales analytics, merchandising, vendor/supplier relationships and IT development.
- Leverage cross-functional collaboration with the content and social media team to maximize potential reach.
- Engage with content team to initiate campaigns for email marketing, SMS, social media, recipe development and informational content.
- Create A/B Testing roadmaps to reduce friction in the customer journey from prospect to customer.
- Proactively source new products by researching and discovering new suppliers/producers from the Mediterranean and/or local distributors.
- Own and manage relationships with 3PL company and existing suppliers.
- Discover new channels of distribution and geographies, beyond the existing footprint.
- Coach and develop team members; provide guidance on the development and successional plans and career growth.
We are seeking candidates who are looking for a career opportunity that mimics running your own business. We will reward for performance with strong incentives because we believe that when we win, you win. That is why it is essential for the candidate to possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit to run a business as their own. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field. MBA preferred.
- 8+ years in ecommerce, with 5+ years having direct P&L experience.
- Proven track record of outstanding growth and profitability results.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Must be motivated by incentives that reward for meeting and exceeding business targets.
- Experience in a startup environment is preferred.
- Problem solving ability with data driven, analytical and strong Excel skills.
- Proficiency with Shopify is a must.
- Experience building email and SMS automations with platforms such as Klaviyo and Attentive or similar.
- Candidates with experience sourcing new products from overseas, preferably in the food space, are preferred.
- Experience leading a team is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We can’t wait to welcome you to our team!
As a woman-owned and led company, TMD is committed to building an inclusive, and supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. We are committed to your joy, work-life balance, and personal growth. Some perks for full-time employees include:
- Fully remote work: We know you can do your best work from home or your favorite coffee shop, and we're here for it! We will work with you to make sure our schedules align and the team can be productive together no matter where we are. We still like a little face-time so plan on traveling for the occasional work retreat.
- Paid Maternal Leave: Take up to 6 weeks paid leave and an additional two weeks unpaid when a little one joins the family!
- Ongoing Learning: We will provide access to a variety of Learning and Development options, like online courses or coaching - and support you pursuing ones that you are passionate about!
- Competitive Pay and Bonus: Competitive base salary commensurate with your experience + incentive bonus
- We Care: PTO, 401k, Health, Dental, Vision, are part of a comprehensive benefits package.