Full Time (Open to Contractors) | Atlanta, GA | Mostly Remote*
In 2014, our CEO and Founder Suzy Karadsheh, who was born and raised on Egypt's Mediterranean shores, started this site as a place to document the flavors and recipes she grew up with for her Michigan-born daughters. Since then, tens of millions of home cooks seeking a delicious and healthful lifestyle have found their way here. Today, TheMediterraneanDish.com is the #1 online resource for modern Mediterranean cooking and the Mediterranean lifestyle with millions of monthly readers and avid followers.
We believe in a balanced, sensible way of eating--and living--that is based on three simple Mediterranean diet principals: Eat with the seasons, use mostly whole foods, and above all, share. And our mission is to help you cook nutritious and bold Mediterranean meals--with less stress in the kitchen and more joy around the table!
As the leading Mediterranean food and lifestyle website, we have the power and responsibility to daily affect positive change through creating and sharing helpful and authentic content, and through continuing to build a one-stop resource to support our readers on their journey to a healthier, joyful lifestyle. And we want you to be a part of it!
We are looking for an experienced, creative, self-motivated individual who has a big passion for digital marketing and social media to join our team as a Social Media Specialist to help us serve our growing community as we expand our reach and content offerings. Exciting new things are coming and your leadership will be key! In this role, you will manage TMD’s multi-channeled social media platforms to grow followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into active fans and advocates.
- Build and manage TMD’s social media profile and presence, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, e-mail and additional channels.
- Write creative copy, produce social media content (written, video, and otherwise), schedule daily posts for all TMD's social media channels, and maintain the social media calendar.
- Handle several communication efforts to cultivate a supportive community for our readers and social media followers.
- Identify best practices and ideate ways to bring TMD's authentic voice to life on the channels you oversee.
- Strategize, plan and execute winning strategies on social media channels you manage.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms, and be prepared to pivot and innovate to create winning content.
- Analyze social media performance, building and updating weekly/monthly reports to share with the broader team. Analyze data to inform growth and monetization strategy for all TMD’s social media channels.
- Keep an eye on social media trends and new and emerging platforms to ideate and launch winning initiatives.
- Collaborate with the CEO on different creative projects as needed.
Our Ideal Candidate for this Position
- Has a 4-year college degree + in mass media, marketing, digital communications/marketing or related field
- Has 2+ years of experience in social media management and digital marketing, preferably in food or similar category with demonstrated success with channels such as Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
- Proficient with social media networks, and keeps up-to-date with social media trends and changes.
- Comfortable working across multiple channels and managing several initiatives.
- Possesses an analytical, data-driven, and creative approach to social media.
- Proficient in writing snappy and compelling social media-friendly copy.
- Comfortable with creating winning graphics or catchy short videos as needed.
- Possesses an ability to learn quickly and adapt.
- Possesses a high get-it-done and figure-it-out quotient!
What you can look forward to
We can't wait to welcome you into our family! As a woman-owned and led company, TMD is committed to building an inclusive, and supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. We are committed to your joy, work-life balance, and personal growth. Some perks for full-time employees include:
- *Remote work: We know you can do your best work from home or your favorite coffee shop, and we're all for that! We will work with you to make sure our schedules align and we can all be productive together no matter where we are. And we'll establish convenient face-to-face work days when we can all collaborate as needed.
- Paid Parental Leave: Take up to 12 weeks leave when a little one joins the family!
- Ongoing Learning: We will provide access to a variety of Learning and Development options, like online courses or coaching - and support you pursuing ones that you are passionate about!
- Competitive Pay and Bonus: Competitive base salary commensurate with your experience + annual bonus!
- We Care: PTO, 401k, Health, Dental, Vision, are part of a comprehensive benefits package
- Fun, Family-Friendly Environment: When we’re in the office, music, jeans and t-shirts are the norm. Need to bring a pet or a child along, we support that!
- Yummy Food: This goes without saying!
Please allow us 2 to 3 weeks to review your application. To inquire about your application, feel free to reach out to us via email at: HR@themediterraneandish.com.