Full Time (Open to Contractors) | Atlanta, GA | Mostly Remote*
In 2014, our CEO and Founder Suzy Karadsheh, who was born and raised on Egypt's Mediterranean shores, started this site as a place to document the flavors and recipes she grew up with for her Michigan-born daughters. Since then, tens of millions of home cooks seeking a delicious and healthful lifestyle have found their way here. Today, TheMediterraneanDish.com is the #1 online resource for modern Mediterranean cooking and the Mediterranean lifestyle with millions of monthly readers and avid followers.
We believe in a balanced, sensible way of eating--and living--that is based on three simple Mediterranean diet principals: Eat with the seasons, use mostly whole foods, and above all, share. And our mission is to help you cook nutritious and bold Mediterranean meals--with less stress in the kitchen and more joy around the table!
As the leading Mediterranean food and lifestyle website, we have the power and responsibility to daily affect positive change through creating and sharing helpful and authentic content, and through continuing to build a one-stop resource to support our readers on their journey to a healthier, joyful lifestyle. And we want you to be a part of it!
We are looking for an experienced, creative, passionate, hard-working, and self-motivated Writer and Managing Editor to help us serve our growing community as we expand our reach and content offerings. Exciting new things are coming and your leadership will be key! In this role, you will be involved in managing the editorial calendar, writing, producing, and publishing content on our website(s) and related channels, and collaborating with the CEO on various creative tasks.
- Ideate, write, and build a wide range of snappy and compelling content, including food and recipe posts, product-driven articles, trend pieces, lifestyle articles, and more as assigned.
- Manage the editorial calendar including strategy, ideation, planning, publishing, and content marketing. Handle several administrative tasks to coordinate all content production and marketing efforts to ensure everything runs smoothly and content is published and shared at optimal times.
- Execute SEO best practices, paying close attention to content performance and nimbly pivoting as needed. Remain up to date on all things SEO.
- Keep an eye on the internet and the seasons to spot trends worth incorporating into our calendar to help us more effectively create and manage winning content (written and otherwise) that will surprise and serve our community.
- Coordinate and oversee contributors and contractors. Collaborate and edit all pieces of content provided by outside contractors.
- Provide copy writing and editing services to all TMD functions as assigned.
- Act as the right hand to the CEO in all matters of content creation and special projects as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate for this Position
- Has a 4+ college degree in journalism, digital communications, mass media, or similar
- Possesses 3+ years of experience in writing and digital content production, preferably in food or related categories.
- Has a particular interest in and knowledge of cooking and food, travel, and wellness, along with a sense of what makes TMD unique in these categories.
- Is creative and demonstrates excellent writing and editorial skills that are needed to produce snappy copy with solid knowledge of the rules of grammar, and a laser-focused attention to detail.
- Takes initiative and is willing to learn, grow, and adapt to the needs of our fast-growing company.
- Is tech-savvy and nimble.
- Is self-motivated and able to prioritize multiple high-priority tasks, manage own day-to-day schedule, and hit deadlines consistently.
- A team player who is loyal and fun-loving.
- Loves food!
- Local candidates preferred
What you can look forward to
We can't wait to welcome you into our family! As a woman-owned and led company, TMD is committed to building an inclusive, and supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. We are committed to your joy, work-life balance, and personal growth. Some perks for full-time employees include:
- *Remote Work Options: We know you can do your best work from home or your favorite coffee shop, and we're all for that! We will work with you to make sure our schedules align and we can all be productive together no matter where we are. And we'll establish convenient face-to-face work days when we can collaborate as needed.
- Paid Parental Leave: Take up to 12 weeks leave when a little one joins the family!
- Ongoing Learning: We will provide access to a variety of Learning and Development options, like online courses or coaching - and support you pursuing ones that you are passionate about!
- Competitive Pay and Bonus: Competitive base salary commensurate with your experience + annual bonus.
- We Care: PTO, 401k, Health, Dental, Vision, are part of a comprehensive benefits package.
- Fun, Family-Friendly Environment: When we’re in the office, music, jeans and t-shirts are the norm. Need to bring a pet or a child along? We support that!
- Yummy Food: This goes without saying!
Please allow us 2 to 3 weeks to review your application. To inquire about your application, feel free to reach out to us via email at: HR@themediterraneandish.com.