Quick pan-seared lamb chops recipe with a bit of a Moroccan inspiration! Tender, succulent, and packed with flavor from a special Mediterranean spice rub and an orange-garlic marinade. Great as an appetizer or dinner! (See suggestions for sides & salads.)
For Lamb Chops
- 2.25 lb frenched lamb rack, divided into chops (about 2 racks of lamb, divided into 16 chops or so)
- Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- Orange slices, for garnish
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
For Spice Mixture
- 2 tsp all-natural Harissa spice blend
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt (depending on your salt preference)
- 1/2 tsp organic ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
Tahini Sauce for Serving (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine Harissa spice blend, pepper, salt, coriander and cinnamon to make the spice mixture.
- Rub lamb chops generously with the spice mixture on both sides (do not discard any extra spice mixture), and place the chops in a large zip lock bag.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together, and add them to the bag with the lamb chops. If you have some of the spice mixture remaining, add them to the bag as well. Zip the bag shut and work with your hands to coat the lamb chops well. Leave at room temperature for 20 minutes or so.
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil to coat the bottom of a large cast iron skillet like this one. Heat over medium until oil is shimmering but not smoking.
- Using tongs, add lamb chops to the skillet. Sear for 3 minutes or so on each side (for medium-rare, depending on the thickness of the chops. Cook longer if you like your chops more done.) Transfer to platter and cover with foil. Repeat with any remaining chops.
- Garnish with thinly sliced oranges and fresh parsley leaves. Add a drizzle of tahini if you like (optional).
- If you serve these for dinner, you can add a side of Greek potatoes, Italian Roasted Vegetables, or Lebanese rice. Add a simple salad like this Mediterranean salad or Greek salad, to start. If you want to keep the orange theme going, try this Orange Pomegranate salad.
- Note: If you serve these for dinner, this recipe will feed 5 people or so, allowing 3 chops per person. Important, remember these pan-seared lamb chops cook very quickly, be sure to prepare any salads or sides in advance.
- Recommended for this recipe: all-natural Harissa spice blend (a must!); organic ground coriander; and our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives).
- SAVE! Create your own 6-pack or 3-pack from our all-natural and organic spice collection. Try our Greek olive oil bundle!
- Category: Entree
- Method: Pan Seared
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Lamb chop recipe, lamb chops, easy lamb chops recipe