This easy lamb chops recipe takes on a Moroccan accent that will have your taste buds wanting more! A special spice rub and an orange-garlic marinade do the trick. Best part? These lamb chops take 1 skillet and literally 6 minutes to cook!
Full video tutorial and suggestions for what to serve along below, be sure to read through!
Rack of lamb is a cut of meat from part of the rib cage of the lamb. In my opinion, it’s the best part--succulent and extremely tender.
While I love a beautifully crusted roast lamb rack, I often split the rack into small chops. Any way you prepare them, lamb chops from the rack can be ready super quickly, plus they make for fun finger foods (my little one calls them “lollipops.”)
Why this Lamb Chops Recipe works
These lamb chops are so easy to make. And I didn't even bother firing up the grill; I decided the lamb chops a quick sear in my regularly-used cast iron skillet. They literally take 6 minutes to cook!
These lamb chops are flavor-packed but not overwhelming. They're a real crowd pleaser!
The draw to this lamb chops recipe is in the flavor-makers. First, you give them a quick toss in a Moroccan-inspired spice rub starring harissa, then you leave the chops in an orange and garlic marinade.
Now if you have the time, leave them in the fridge to marinade, but if not, even a few minutes will do.
What is Harissa Spice Blend?
The star of the spice rub is this all-natural harissa spice blend, one of my favorite new spices!
Harissa, pronounced ha-Ree-sah, originated in North Africa (popular in places like Morocco and Tunisia.) Our harissa, used in this recipe, is a unique blend of three types of chili along with sumac, caraway, fennel, cumin, coriander, garlic, and a hint of peppermint. It’s not noticeably spicy, but adds great depth and just enough kick to the lamb chops!
What to serve with this easy lamb chops recipe?
But when we serve them for dinner, I allow 3 chops per person. And I'll often add Greek potatoes; Italian Roasted Vegetables; or Lebanese Rice. For salads, try this 3-ingredient Mediterranean salad or a traditional Greek Salad. And if you want to keep the orange theme going, you can also add this Mediterranean orange and pomegranate salad.
Watch How to make lamb chops
Quick pan-seared lamb chops recipe with a bit of a Moroccan inspiration! Tender, succulent, and packed with flavor from a special Mediterranean spice rub and an orange-garlic marinade. Great as an appetizer or dinner! (See suggestions for sides & salads.)
For Lamb Chops
- 2.25 lb frenched lamb rack, divided into chops (about 2 racks of lamb, divided into 16 chops or so)
- Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- Orange slices, for garnish
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
For Spice Mixture
- 2 tsp all-natural Harissa spice blend
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon salt (depending on your salt preference)
- ½ tsp organic ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
Tahini Sauce for Serving (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine Harissa spice blend, pepper, salt, coriander and cinnamon to make the spice mixture.
- Rub lamb chops generously with the spice mixture on both sides (do not discard any extra spice mixture), and place the chops in a large zip lock bag.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together, and add them to the bag with the lamb chops. If you have some of the spice mixture remaining, add them to the bag as well. Zip the bag shut and work with your hands to coat the lamb chops well. Leave at room temperature for 20 minutes or so.
- Add 1 ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil to coat the bottom of a large cast iron skillet like this one. Heat over medium until oil is shimmering but not smoking.
- Using tongs, add lamb chops to the skillet. Sear for 3 minutes or so on each side (for medium-rare, depending on the thickness of the chops. Cook longer if you like your chops more done.) Transfer to platter and cover with foil. Repeat with any remaining chops.
- Garnish with thinly sliced oranges and fresh parsley leaves. Add a drizzle of tahini if you like (optional).
- If you serve these for dinner, you can add a side of Greek potatoes, Italian Roasted Vegetables, or Lebanese rice. Add a simple salad like this Mediterranean salad or Greek salad, to start. If you want to keep the orange theme going, try this Orange Pomegranate salad.
- Note: If you serve these for dinner, this recipe will feed 5 people or so, allowing 3 chops per person. Important, remember these pan-seared lamb chops cook very quickly, be sure to prepare any salads or sides in advance.
- Recommended for this recipe: all-natural Harissa spice blend (a must!); organic ground coriander; and our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives).
- SAVE! Create your own 6-pack or 3-pack from our all-natural and organic spice collection. Try our Greek olive oil bundle!
- Prep Time: 10 mins (+ 20 minutes inactive time)
- Cook Time: 6 to 12 mins
- Category: Entree
- Method: Pan Seared
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Lamb chop recipe, lamb chops, easy lamb chops recipe
More Recipes to Try