A recipe for a simple homemade candy: chocolate covered date recipe with almonds. Pitted medjool dates, stuffed with roasted almonds and covered in chocolate. The perfect no-bake gluten-free and vegan dessert (or edible gift)!
- 24 medjool dates
- 24 unsalted roasted almonds
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp crushed almonds and pistachios
- Cut a slit in each date and remove the pit. In place of the pit press in an almond. Enclose the dates to completely cover the almonds and set aside in a bowl or tray.
- Place the chocolate chips, canola oil and ground cinnamon in a heat-safe bowl that fits tightly on top of a pot with barley simmering water. Stir regularly until the chocolate is completely melted. Remove from the heat.
- Drop the the dates, one-at-a-time, in the melted chocolate, and roll gently to coat the dates. Remove with a spoon and carefully set on a tray lined with parchment paper. Once you have the chocolate-covered dates assembled on the tray, sprinkle each lightly with the mixture of crushed almonds and pistachios.
- Chill in the freezer for about 1 hour or until the chocolate hardens. Leave at room temperature for 10 minutes before ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Chocolate Dates, Dessert, Dates with Almonds, Chocolate Dessert, Dates,