Easy olive oil banana walnut bread! You get to skip butter and sugar for this reduced guilt, still indulgent banana bread. So moist and every bit as flavor-packed. See video tutorial just above.
- 1/3 cup Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup quality honey, organic if possible
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp fat free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat free or low-fat milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp ground cardamom (if you’re not sure you’ll like it, start with the smaller amount)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (wheat flour if you prefer)
- 6 dates, pitted and chopped (about 1/2 cup chopped dates)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnut hearts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the olive oil and honey. Now add the eggs and whisk again to combine.
- Now add the bananas yogurt, milk, baking soda, vanilla extract, cardamom, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk again.
- Using a spatula, stir in the flour; then add the dates and walnuts and stir the batter again until everything is well combined.
- Lightly oil a non-stick a 5 3/4 x 3 loaf pan like this one. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and shake very gently so it evens out.
- Bake in the 325 degrees F heated-oven for 55 minutes. Test by inserting a tooth pick into the middle of the banana walnut bread, it should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the bread cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to cool on a wire rack for another 20 minutes or so. Slice and enjoy!
- Pro Tip: use the best extra virgin olive oil you can or you may risk a rancid-tasting loaf. I used our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil here; it adds great depth and keeps the loaf tasty and moist.
- Recommended for this recipe: organic ground cardamom and nutmeg. SAVE! Try our Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle. Or create your own 6-pack or 3-pack from our all-natural or organic spice selections.
- Have you checked out our Greek olive oil bundle?!
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Banana Walnut Bread Recipe, Healthy Banana Bread Recipe, Olive Oil Banana Bread