BEST Greek chicken and potato dinner all in one sheet pan! Seasoned with rosemary and baked in a zesty juice with lots of garlic. Definite Winner!
- 4 to 5 pieces chicken, bone in, skin on (I used 2 breasts and 3 legs)
- 4 gold potatoes (about 2 lb), scrubbed clean, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved then sliced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp quality extra virgin olive oil, plus 1/2 cup more for later
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 12 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 12 pitted quality kalamata olives, optional
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Pat chicken dry and season generously with salt (lift the skins and apply salt underneath as well). Leave at room temperature for 30 minutes. Pat dry again if needed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the potato wedges and onions on large sheet pan. Season with salt and 1 tsp black pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken skin-side down to brown (about 5 t0 7 minutes,) then flip over and sear briefly, another 3 minutes or so. (do this in batches, if you need to). Transfer from skillet to the prepared sheet pan, nestled between the potato wedges, keeping everything in one layer.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil with lemon juice, minced garlic, rosemary, and nutmeg. Pour all over the chicken and potatoes; lift chicken pieces so some of the juice will flow under, and toss potatoes until well-coated.
- Now, pour chicken broth into the pan, but do not pour over the chicken. Add lemon slices on top.
- Bake in heated oven uncovered for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until chicken and potatoes are tender. Occasionally, flip the potatoes over. (Chicken’s internal temperature should register at 165 degrees F)
- Remove from heat and add kalamata olives, if you like. Garnish with a little bit of fresh parsley. Serve with Greek salad, Taztaziki sauce and a side of pita bread. Enjoy!
Recommended for this recipe: Our Private Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil; organic rosemary and all-natural ground nutmeg. Save! Create your own 3-pack or create your own 6-pack of all-natural and organic Mediterranean spices!
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: Greek chicken, potato