Yes, it’s a “nachos” recipe. But, let not the name fool ya, we have loads of Mediterranean flavors going on!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Flatout® Flatbread. All opinions are my own.
Everyone loves nachos. I sure do! I love a crispy chip topped with melted cheese and all sorts of goodies. But these nachos takes a bit of a “healthified” Mediterranean detour.
Think of this homemade nachos recipe as another little mezze dish—with all the Mediterranean flavors, and the whole tribal closeness that comes with a table full of friends, rolling up their sleeves and digging into one large platter.
And because we’re in that moment of late summer sweetness, when tomatoes are at their best, they had to be the main event. Raw tomatoes would work, but as we know, roasting tomatoes is a sure way to perfect their flavor. Even better with a sprinkle of Za’atar!
Heaps of garlic-roasted tomatoes and fresh herbs–with other Mediterranean suspects like feta, olives, and marinated artichokes. And in place of your average chip, homemade flatbread chips made from light, protein-packed Flatout® Flatbread artisan thin pizza crust (only 4 Weight Watchers® smart points per serving, in case you’re counting!) A brush of our favorite Greek extra virgin olive oil, of course
The flatbread chips come together in a snap! First, brush the flatbread with some good extra virgin olive oil, cut them into triangles, and broil for a couple mins until golden brown. Crispy perfection!
Mediterranean Roasted Tomato “Nachos” Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 or more
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 2 1/2 lb grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup quality extra virgin olive oil, more for later
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Package Flatout® Flatbread Traditional Thin Pizza Crust (6 flatbreads)
- 2 tsp za’atar spice
- 1 cup marinated artichokes, drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh herbs (parsley, dill and mint)
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, place tomatoes and crushed garlic. Add a generous pinch of salt. Drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to combine.
- Spread tomatoes on a baking sheet. Roast in the heated oven for 30 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Switch oven to broil. Brush the flatbread lightly with extra virgin olive oil, then cut into triangles. Broil for 1-3 minutes, watching carefully, until the flatbread triangles turn into golden brown crispy chips.
- Place the flatbread chips on a serving board or a platter. Top with roasted tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with za’atar spice, then add the remaining toppings. Serve immediately.
- If you prefer, particularly if you’re not serving immediately, place the different toppings like the roasted tomatoes and marinated artichokes in bowls rather than directly on top of the flatbread chips.
- For gluten free, use FlatOut Gluten Free Wraps to make the chips.
- Recommended for this Recipe: Our Early Harvest or Private Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil; all-natural Za’atar Spice.
- SAVE! Try our Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle! Or create your own 3-pack or 6-pack of premium all-natural and organic spices!
This post is sponsored by my friends at Flatout® Flatbread. Their traditional artisan pizza crust used in this recipe contains: 130 calories, 6 grams of protein per serving. See full nutritional facts here. Check store locator to find Flatout products near you. All opinions are my own. Thank you for your support!
More Recipes to Try