How about an easy garlic-tomato shrimp recipe?! Just my kind of "unfussy" Mediterranean dinner!
- 1 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 Meyer lemon, juice of
- 1 14-oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 lb prawns or large shrimp (18-20 shrimp), peeled, deveined and well-cleaned
- 4-6 oz baby spinach
- lemon slices (optional)
- Cook the orzo pasta in boiling water according to package instructions; add a dash of salt and olive oil to the cooking water. When the pasta cooks to al dante, remove from the heat then drain and transfer to a serving dish.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the butter with 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large heavy skillet. Saute the shallots on medium-high heat for 3 minutes or so then add the garlic and toss together briefly. Now add the white wine and cook for 1 minute then add the lemon juice, 1/2 cup water, and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 15 more minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1 tsp of dried thyme, a pinch of salt and a little cayenne pepper to your taste.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 5 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink. Stir occasionally so that the shrimp is nicely coated in the sauce. Do not over cook the shrimp.
- Finally, stir in the spinach and remove from the heat.
- Top the the cooked orzo pasta with the garlic tomato shrimp. Garnish with your favorite herb (optional) and serve immediately with lemon slices. Enjoy!
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: garlic tomato shrimp, Mediterranean shrimp, Shrimp and orzo, garlic shrimp,