It’s all about a healthy Greek yogurt parfait today, friends! But only the best parfait with Kahlua, raisins, pistachios and hazelnut! Best part, you can prepare this impressive sweet treat in 25 minutes or less!
For my first dessert post, I am going way back in memory to elementary school years in Port Said, Egypt. Greek yogurt brings great childhood memories for me. We always had Greek yogurt on hand; either homemade by my mom or freshly made by a local dairy shop that my dad frequented. It often served as a great after-school or evening snack. I remember in particular how I loved Greek yogurt with oodles of honey on top. Now as a grownup, I’ve found different ways to dress it up.
Because Greek yogurt is thick and tangy, I think it balances out different flavors and makes the perfect parfait. In this super easy recipe, I decided to combine Greek yogurt with some of my favorite things: Kahlua, light whipped cream, hazelnuts, pistachios, cinnamon and vanilla. I know I had you at Kahlua 🙂
This parfait is absolutely delicious; I just had it for a late Saturday breakfast. If only it was served to me in bed 🙂 This would make an anytime treat or dessert. So what are you waiting for? Let’s make some Greek yogurt parfait! Here is how I made it.
Greek Yogurt Parfait with Kahlua and Nuts
(print-friendly recipe to follow)
First I took my small bowl of raisins and added to them about two tbsp of Kahlua rum. I heated that in the microwave, covered, about 50 seconds. Then I gave them a stir and placed them back in the microwave for another 30 seconds. They became pretty plump with Kahlua. Yum!
In my food processor, I very roughly chopped the hazelnuts and pistachios; I like to have some whole pieces in the parfait. If you don’t want to break out the processor, you could place the nuts in a heavy ziploc bag, close it, and use your hand dough roller to apply pressure and roughly crush them.
In a large mixing bowl, using a hand electric mixer, I combined my Greek yogurt with one cup of light whipped cream, vanilla, Kahlua, sugar and cinnamon (measurements in the recipe below).
I assembled my parfait by placing two to three tbsp of the yogurt mixture in the bottom of my glass. Then I added a layer of some of the nut mixture and raisins.
For a third layer, I added one tbsp of the yogurt mixture and topped that with a little garnish of nuts. There you have it!
Pin this recipe and try it soon! Have a sweet day!Print
Greek yogurt parfait perfectly combining flavors of Kahlua rum, cinnamon, and raisins with earthy notes and crunch of pistachio and hazelnuts. Easy, delicious and healthy!
- 3 cups fat free Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup light whipped cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp Kahlua, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Thompson raisins
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, shelled, roughly chopped
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine raisins with two tbsp of Kahlua rum. Heat in microwave for 50 seconds. Stir and return to microwave for another 30 seconds. Raisins will have absorbed Kahlua and become nice and plump. Sit aside.
- In a food processor, roughly chop pistachios and hazelnuts.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, mix together Greek yogurt, whipped cream, sugar, two tbsp of Kahlua, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- At this point, you can cover and refrigerate the yogurt mixture for an hour or until you are ready to assemble.
- To assemble, begin by placing two to three tbsp of the yogurt mixture in the bottom of your serving glass.
- Add a layer of the mixed nuts and Kahlua raisins.
- Top with one tbsp of the yogurt mixture and garnish with a little bit of nuts.
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Counter Top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Parfait, Yogurt Parfait, Greek Yogurt Parfait, Yogurt Parfait with Nuts