Here is a super easy recipe: 5-minute pumpkin Greek yogurt parfait. A quick and light gluten-free dessert… Or maybe it’s my Thanksgiving day breakfast!
I told you, in this peaches and yogurt post how my family was big on yogurt– it was a daily thing. Fresh yogurt made by mother, or purchased from the little family-owned dairy shop we frequented.
Now as an adult, yogurt (especially Greek yogurt) is a big part of my diet. And when you eat something so often, it’s almost necessary that you start inventing ways to make it new. At least that is the case with me and yogurt.
In my experience, “real” parfait desserts are made of layers of rich ice cream with different toppings. The healthier alternative, which many of us go to now, is a simple yogurt parfait most often topped with granola and some fruit.
I like to think that today’s pumpkin Greek yogurt parfait is the in-between. It is fairly healthy, since the main ingredients are low-fat Greek yogurt and pumpkin puree. But, it’s also the perfect treat with the conservative addition of creamy Mascarpone, brown sugar, chocolate chips and nuts.
Best part? It takes only 5 minutes, and you can make it ahead!
With the holidays upon us, I plan to use this pumpkin Greek yogurt parfait as our Thanksgiving breakfast. But, if you’re looking for a last-minute gluten-free dessert or extra treat, this parfait is just the thing!
Step-by-step for today’s 5-minute pumpkin Greek yogurt parfait:
(print-friendly recipe to follow)
Place the pumpkin puree, Greek yogurt and the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips and nuts, in a large mixing bowl.
Using a hand electric mixer (on low) or a whisk, mix together until you reach a smooth consistency. Taste and add more brown sugar or cinnamon, if needed. Mix again to combine.
Transfer the pumpkin-yogurt mixture to small 3-oz serving goblets or small mason jars. Cover and refrigerate briefly.
When ready to serve, top each yogurt parfait with a drizzle of molasses, chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts or walnuts. Enjoy!
See recipe notes for prepare-ahead and other instructions.Print
- 1 15-oz can pumpkin puree (or scant 2 cups homemade pumpkin puree)
- 1 1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 3–4 Tbsp mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp molasses, more for garnish
- 2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2–2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Chocolate chips for garnish
- Chopped hazelnuts or walnuts for garnish
- Place the pumpkin puree, Greek yogurt and the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips and nuts, in a large mixing bowl. Using a hand electric mixer or a whisk, mix together until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Taste and add more brown sugar or cinnamon, if needed. Mix again to combine.
- Transfer the pumpkin-yogurt mixture to small (3-oz) serving goblets or small mason jars. Cover and refrigerate briefly. When ready to serve, top each with a drizzle of molasses, chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts or walnuts. Enjoy!
– You can prepare this the night before you need to serve it. Simply refrigerate in a tightly closed container. When ready to serve, stir the yogurt mixture and transfer it into the serving goblets or mini jars and follow step 3.
– The recipe feeds 6 if you use small 3-oz serving goblets or a small mason jars. It will serve 4 if you use larger serving goblets.
– Simply double all the ingredients if you need to serve a larger group.
- Category: dessert
- Method: Mixing
Keywords: Yogurt Parfait, Pumpkin Parfait, Greek Yogurt Parfait
More parfait ideas? Try this Greek yogurt parfait with Kahlua and nuts.