Phyllo pizza with chicken, vegetables, fresh cilantro and mint leaves. The flaky phyllo dough and fresh herbs take pizza to a new level of gourmet. Easy and delicious! Makes a great dinner or appetizer.
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (12″x17″)
- 3–4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups rotisserie or roasted chicken, shredded
- 2 cups small on-the-vine or grape tomatoes, washed, dried, sliced
- 1 cup green bell peppers, washed, dried, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted, chopped
- 1/3 cup green olives, pitted, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, stems removed
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, washed, dried, stems removed
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Prepare toppings as indicated in the ingredient section above. Set each topping aside separately.
- Melt butter and combine with olive oil; brush a large baking sheet with the oil-butter mixture.
- Assemble phyllo sheets in baking dish. Lay first sheet down and brush with the oil-butter mixture. Repeat with next five sheets.
- Now add half of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Continue laying phyllo sheets one-at-a-time repeating the process and brushing each sheet with the oil-butter mixture.
- Coat the top sheet with the oil-butter mixture and add the second half of the shredded mozzarella.
- Now, evenly spread pizza toppings: chicken, tomato (pet dry with napkin), green pepper, onion, and olives (hold the cilantro and mint leaves for later). Sprinkle with a little salt and a lot of black pepper, and brush the veggies with a little of the oil-butter.
- Cut pizza carefully into three-inch squares, and place in the 375F oven for 20 minutes or until phyllo dough turns golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top evenly with the fresh cilantro, mint leaves and crushed red pepper, if using.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Pizza, Mediterranean Pizza, Phyllo Pizza, Pizza with Chicken, Pizza with Vegetables