It takes less than 20 minutes to make this simple, lightened up sausage and peppers recipe! Chicken sausage, colorful peppers, onions and juicy grape tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil, fresh thyme and oregano, all on one sheet pan. A family favorite!
- 1 lb fully cooked chicken sausage links (mild or spicy)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and cut into thin strips
- 1 large green pepper, cored and cut into thin strips
- 1 red onion, halved then sliced (half moons)
- 1 lb grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 Garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Few springs fresh thyme (about 1/8-oz)
- 1 tbsp Dry oregano
- ½ tsp Sweet paprika
- Kosher salt (I use Diamond Crystal)
- Black Pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Set your oven to the broil function and arrange a rack about 6 inches or so from the heat source.
- Score the sausage links in several places but do not cut all the way through.
- Place the bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes in a mixing bowl. Add garlic, fresh thyme, oregano, paprika, a large pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil (a generous drizzle of 3 to 4 tbsp or enough to coat the veggies well), and toss to make sure the vegetables are well-coated.
- Arrange the vegetables in one layer on a large baking sheet. Add the sausage, nestling the sausage links between the spread veggies.
- Slide the baking sheet under the broiler for 8 to 10 minutes (watching carefully) until the veggies have softened and the sausage is looking nicely charred.
- Leftovers: Allow sausage and peppers to fully cool. Store in the fridge in a tight-lid container for 3 days or so. Warm up in a skillet over medium heat.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Sausage and peppers, Sheet pan sausage and peppers, baked sausage and peppers