This fresh arugula salad packs great flavor in each bite.
- 5 oz baby arugula
- 1 to 2 vine ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ English cucumber (or 1 slicing cucumber peeled), halved lengthwise, then sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (I used Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil)
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- Kosher salt (I use Diamond Crystal)
- Black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, add the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, oregano, kosher salt and pepper. Whisk to combine
- To the same bowl, add arugula, tomatoes, cucumbers, shallots and sliced avocado. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Transfer the salad to a serving platter. Serve immediately.
- Cook's Tip: If you like, hold the avocados until the end and top the salad with the sliced avocados before serving.
- Make Ahead Tip: This salad is best served immediately. You can make the dressing up to 3 days ahead and keep it in the fridge in a closed mason jar. Give the dressing a whisk before adding to the salad.
- Visit our Online Shop to browse quality Mediterranean ingredients including extra virgin olive oils and all-natural and organic spices.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Arugula Salad, Simple Arugula Salad, Arugula Avocado Salad