This fresh arugula salad packs great flavor in each bite.
- 4 cups packed baby arugula
- 4 green onions, top trimmed, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup shelled fava beans (about 1 1/2 lb fava bean pods)
- 3 Persian cucumbers, chopped
- 2 cups packed grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, sliced, optional
- 1 Avocado
Garlic Herb Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- Prepare the ingredients as indicated above.
- To make the garlic herb vinaigrette; in a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix in the chopped garlic, fresh mint and cilantro.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the baby arugula, green onions, fava beans, cucumbers, tomatoes and sliced jalapeno.
- Dress the salad with the garlic herb vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Now, peel the avocado, core and chop or slice it to your liking. Add the avocado to the salad and gently mix.
- Divide among four salad bowls. Enjoy!
- Try this arugula salad with this grilled swordfish, grilled salmon or chicken.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Counter Top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Arugula Salad, Arugula with Avocado, Light Salad, Garlic Cilantro Vinaigrette, Vinaigrette