Looking for a bright and healthy, pick-me-up kinda dinner? This tasty chicken arugula salad with fresh ginger and pomegranate dressing may just do the trick!
Even kitchen enthusiast, and the best of home cooks out there, rejoice at the sight of a recipe that requires zero cooking time—at least I do.
And that’s exactly why big supper salads like this chicken arugula salad exist. Because who couldn’t use a little break occasionally?
The gist. A load of peppery arugula and baby spinach, topped with red onions, cucumbers, avocados, and a good handful of pomegranate arils (seeds). Besides the beauty pomegranate arils bring, there is also the added boost in vitamin C and fiber.
For lean protein, we crown our loaded bowl with leftover rotisserie chicken breasts.
Probably the biggest draw for me here is the citrusy ginger pomegranate dressing (I may have drank a bit of it straight from the jar.) Suffice it to say, it adds just what you need of flavor and zing to bring this arugula salad to life.
This arugula salad is one of those no-fuss, keeping-it-real kinda meals! Perfect for those busy nights and for your lunch meal prep!
Loaded, bright, healthy, and flavor-packed chicken arugula salad. The fresh ginger and pomegranate dressing is a must! The perfect no-fuss supper salad!
- 6 cups packed baby arugula
- 3 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 seedless cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 1 small red onion, halved, sliced
- 1 to 2 avocados, pit removed, sliced
- 2 cooked chicken breasts (or rotisserie chicken), bones removed, sliced or shredded (remove skin as well to reduce fat)
- Arils of 1 pomegranate
- Crumbled feta for garnish, optional
- Toasted walnuts, optional
For Ginger Pomegranate Dressing
- Make the dressing. Add all dressing ingredients to a mason jar. Close tightly and shake well.
- In a large bowl, combine arugula, spinach, cucumbers and onions. Season with a little salt and pepper. Toss to combine, then top with avocado slices, chicken, and pomegranate arils.
- Give the dressing one more shake, then drizzle generously over salad. Garnish with a sprinkle of feta and toasted walnuts. Enjoy!
MORE RECIPES TO TRY