Flavor-Packed Mediterranean Vegan Wraps with roasted cauliflower, tahini, and a peppery arugula salad! Healthy and so satisfying, we call this wrap “the handy man!”
THIS IS A SPONSORED POST ON BEHALF OF FLATOUT® FLATBREAD. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.
I haven’t eaten there in ages, but one of my favorite restaurants is a small-ish, family-owned joint that sits on a corner of East Hills Center (of the Universe) in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
The menu–eclectic with a bit of a modern Lebanese twist–included a bunch of vegan options. Among them was my favorite, I believe it was called something like, “the handy man.” Basically, a sturdy sandwich filled with all sorts of tasty roasted veggies. I often ordered it in the form of a vegan wrap with tahini for a sauce.
It needed a bit of something “punchy” to balance out the warm, charred cauliflower. So I added a simple, peppery arugula salad with onions and peppers, all tossed in excellent extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice.
For this vegan wrap, I reached for my go-to FlatOut Flatbread wraps, which make a perfectly light and satisfying carrier for my veggies. I used the light original, but you can use their gluten free wraps if you need to!
These Mediterranean wraps are great for lunch or a Meatless Monday dinner. At only 387 calories per serving, these vegan wraps are fiber and protein-packed. So hearty, you won’t miss the meat!
- 1 Tahini sauce recipe
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Quality extra virgin olive oil (I use our Private Reserve EVOO)
- 1 tsp salt Sweet Spanish Paprika
- 2 tsp za’atar spice, more for later
- 1 tsp sweet Spanish paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 lemon, cut in half (you’ll use as much of the lemon juice to your liking)
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 small red onion, halved then thinly sliced
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 bell pepper, any color, cored and sliced into thin batons
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced into rounds (optional)
- 4 FlatOut Light Original flatbreads (wraps)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Make the tahini sauce according to this recipe and set aside for now.
- Place the cauliflower on a large baking sheet. Add a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (I used a little more than 1/4 cup Private Reserve EVOO). Toss to coat. Season with salt, za’atar, paprika, and cumin. Toss again until cauliflower is well coated with the spices and olive oil.
- Roast in the 450 degrees heated oven for 20 minutes. Turn florets over and roast for another 10 to 15 minutes or until browned to your liking (I like mine deeply browned, so I tend to leave them in the oven even longer). Remove from oven. Add a sprinkle of za’atar and squeeze just a little fresh lemon juice on top.
- While cauliflower is roasting, make the salad. In a salad bowl, mix arugula, red onion, chickpeas, bell peppers, and jalapenos. Add a pinch of salt, extra virgin olive oil, and a little lemon juice to your liking. Toss to combine.
- Assemble the Mediterranean vegan wraps. Lay flatbreads flat, spread some tahini sauce on top. Add roasted cauliflower, and arugula salad. Drizzle with more tahini and roll the flatbreads from one end to another making 4 sandwich wraps. Enjoy!
- For a gluten free version of these Mediterranean vegan wraps, use Gluten Free FlatOut Wraps
- Recommended for this Recipe Our Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil; all-natural za’atar; paprika; and ground cumin
- SAVE! Make your own 3-pack or 6-pack of our all-natural or organic spices; or try our Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle
More Recipes to Try