This easy, flavor-packed za’atar garlic salmon recipe has been in the queue since the beginning of summer. And I’m so excited to finally share it with you!
Because we try to faithfully follow the Mediterranean diet, I’ve been looking for new, easy ways to prepare fish. This garlic salmon recipe is one of those that came together on a whim of experimentation, and I’m so glad it did. It’s become another quick go-to sheet pan dinner, for which I will not apologize.
Watch How to Make this Easy Salmon Recipe
There is no big technique behind this delicious garlic salmon. I mean, it’s salmon, tossed on a baking sheet with a few veggies, right?! But it’s the simple, decidedly Middle Eastern twist that took salmon to a whole new level for me…
The game changer here is our new all-natural za’atar spice–an aromatic spice blend with earthy depth and subtle citrus undertones. This particular blend features wild quality wild thyme, toasted sesame seeds, and sumac, sourced from Turkey and North Africa.
What to serve with Za’atar Garlic Salmon
To save time and energy, I like to toss in some vegetables to roast with the salmon. This time, baby potatoes, tomatoes and broccoli florets. But if you’re looking to add more, try: 3-ingredient Mediterranean salad; Lebanese rice; and perhaps a dip like roasted red pepper hummus, or Baba Ganoush!
New Premium Spices from The Mediterranean Dish!
I’ve just introduced you to our brand new Za’atar Spice blend from The Mediterranean Dish! We have now officially launched our very own line of premium, all-natural and organic Mediterranean spices. If you’re looking to stock your pantry for more Mediterranean cooking, shop spice bundles here!
Check out this easy, flavor-packed za’atar garlic salmon! It is a MUST-try!
- 12 baby potatoes (about 12 oz), scrubbed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes (about 10 oz), halved if you like
- 6 oz broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp fresh minced garlic (about 5 to 6 cloves)
- Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp Za’atar spice, divided, plus more for later
- 1 tsp coriander, divided
- 1 lb salmon fillet, no skin
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add the potatoes, grape tomatoes, and broccoli. Pour 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and toss. Then, add a little salt and pepper, 1 tbsp minced garlic, 1 tsp za’atar spice, 1/2 tsp coriander. Toss again so that the spices are distributed to coat the vegetables. Transfer the vegetables to a large baking sheet with a rim.
- Pat salmon dry. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle just a little extra virgin olive oil. Spread the remaining garlic evenly on top. Sprinkle the remaining za’atar and coriander.
- Cut seasoned salmon into 4 equal pieces, and place on the prepared baking sheet with the vegetables. Add another generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil over the salmon and veggies, if needed.
- Bake in heated oven for 15-16 minutes. Remove from heat and squeeze lemon juice on salmon. Sprinkle more za’atar all over. Enjoy with Lebanese rice and a side of your favorite salad. (See suggestions for more sides in the post above under “what to serve with za’atar garlic salmon).
Keywords: Salmon, za'atar, oven baked garlic salmon
More Recipes to Try