Make little foil packets to carry this tasty Mediterranean-style oven baked salmon. This is one of my personal favorite foil packet dinners… healthy, bright, and packed with flavor. Watch the video toward the bottom of this post to see how I make this easy foil baked salmon!
While today’s star ingredient, salmon, is not native to the Mediterranean, still I prepared it the best way I know how: Mediterranean-style, wrapped in foil and baked with lots of garlic and bright vegetables fresh from my local farmer’s market.
Oven Baked Salmon that’s Never Dry!
When people ask me how to arrive at well-cooked salmon without overcooking it, this oven baked salmon in foil is my answer! This is a foolproof way to arrive at tasty, exceptionally moist, never-dry salmon.
The foil (or parchment, if you prefer) makes nice individual parcels to carry the salmon and veggies, allowing everything to cook quickly and evenly. And it certainly helps that we add enough “juice” to our foil packet dinner in the form of extra virgin olive oil, a little butter, and citrus.
What to serve with this oven baked salmon?
How to Make This Mediterranean Oven Baked Salmon in Foil
Make little foil (or parchment) pouches to carry this tasty Mediterranean-style oven baked salmon. So good!
- 4 Salmon fillets, 5-oz each
- Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 15 Garlic Cloves, crushed or finely chopped, divided
- 4 Fresh thyme springs (or 2–3 tsp dried thyme)
- 2 summer squash, any kind, halved and sliced
- 1 large tomato, halved and sliced
- 2 large green onions, both white and green parts, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves, stems removed
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare 4 12″x 17″ pieces of foil on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil generously over each of the salmon fillets, then place the salmon fillets, oiled side down, on the prepared foil sheets.
- Spread 1/2 of the crushed garlic over the salmon fillets, and season with salt, pepper. Add thyme.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining crushed garlic with the melted butter, 1/3 cup olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place veggies in a large bowl or tray, pour the sauce over, toss to combine.
- Divide the vegetables into 4 equal portions over (or next to) the salmon fillets. Fold the foil over the salmon and vegetables, cover completely and seal shut.
- Bake in the 400 degree F heated-oven for 20-25 minutes.
- When ready, carefully transfer the salmon and vegetable foil packets with a spatula to individual serving plates. Serve with lemon wedges. (see our suggestions up top for what to serve along) Enjoy!
- The salmon fillets are meant to be eaten right out of the foil. However, if you prefer to remove them, once baked, let the salmon fillets sit in the foil for 3-5 minutes and then very carefully lift each out with a large metal spatula.
- Recommended for this Recipe: Our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives!)
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Oven Baked Salmon, Salmon in Foil, Mediterranean Salmon