Mediterranean-Style foil baked salmon and veggies with garlic, fresh thyme and a delicious sauce of olive oil, fresh lemon juice and a hint of butter. Be sure to watch the video above.
- 4 Salmon fillets, 5-oz each
- Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 15 Garlic Cloves, crushed or finely chopped, divided
- 4 Fresh thyme springs (or 2-3 tsp dried thyme)
- 2 summer squash, any kind, halved and sliced
- 1 large tomato, halved and sliced
- 2 large green onions, both white and green parts, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves, stems removed
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare 4 12"x 17" pieces of foil on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil generously over each of the salmon fillets, then place the salmon fillets, oiled side down, on the prepared foil sheets.
- Spread 1/2 of the crushed garlic over the salmon fillets, and season with salt, pepper. Add thyme.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining crushed garlic with the melted butter, 1/3 cup olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place veggies in a large bowl or tray, pour the sauce over, toss to combine.
- Divide the vegetables into 4 equal portions over (or next to) the salmon fillets. Fold the foil over the salmon and vegetables, cover completely and seal shut.
- Bake in the 400 degree F heated-oven for 20-25 minutes.
- When ready, carefully transfer the salmon and vegetable foil packets with a spatula to individual serving plates. Serve with lemon wedges. (see our suggestions up top for what to serve along) Enjoy!
- The salmon fillets are meant to be eaten right out of the foil. However, if you prefer to remove them, once baked, let the salmon fillets sit in the foil for 3-5 minutes and then very carefully lift each out with a large metal spatula.
- Recommended for this Recipe: Our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives!)
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Baked Salmon in Foil, Oven Baked Salmon, Mediterranean Salmon Recipe