This baked salmon recipe with garlic cilantro sauce is an easy, fancy, flavor-packed entree. 15 minutes start-to-finish!
So few entrees can satisfy these two requirements at once: fancy and simple. This baked salmon recipe is one of them. Whether it’s a quick weeknight dinner we need, or an elegant holiday dish, this baked salmon recipe definitely rises to the occasion.
Baked salmon fillet is delicious with just a simple drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. But the garlic cilantro sauce here adds enough flavor and pizzazz without taking away from this delicious cut of salmon.
If it’s a special experience you’re looking for, I highly recommend choosing wild salmon fillets for this baked salmon recipe. The taste is far superior to that of farmed salmon. Not to mention the silky texture and brilliant color.
One rule to remember
There is only one rule to remember when it comes to salmon: do not over cook it. For a flaky and tender baked salmon, all it takes is 4-6 minutes per half- inch. Since my salmon fillet here is about one inch thick in its thickest part, it took 10 minutes in total to bake.
What to serve it with?
Baked Salmon Recipe with Garlic Cilantro Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Entree
For the Garlic Cilantro Sauce
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 whole bunch fresh cilantro, stems trimmed (only remove about 1 inch of the stems)
- 1/2 cup Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
For the Salmon
- 2 lb skinless salmon fillet
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large tomato, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 lime, sliced into rounds
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a small food processor, add all the ingredients for the garlic cilantro sauce. Blend until everything is well combined into a sauce.
- Place the salmon fillet in a lightly oiled baking pan like this one. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Now spoon the garlic-cilantro sauce on top of the salmon fillet and spread evenly to coat the salmon. (You will have extra garlic-cilantro sauce, pour it into a small bowl to serve next to the salmon.)
- Arrange the tomato and lime slices on top of the salmon fillet.
- Bake in the 425 degrees F heated-oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover lightly with foil and let sit for another 8 minutes or so to finish cooking. Enjoy!
Recommended for this Recipe our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (single estate. Hand-picked. Cold pressed. From organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives)
VISIT OUR SHOP for quality Mediterranean Ingredients