Simple Baked Salmon Recipe, prepared Mediterranean-style with a tasty garlic-cilantro sauce, tomato and lime slices. Comes together in 15 minutes! Grab the tips and serving suggestions below.
For the Garlic Cilantro Sauce
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 whole bunch fresh cilantro, stems trimmed (only remove about 1 inch of the stems)
- 1/2 cup Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
For the Salmon
- 2 lb skinless salmon fillet
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large tomato, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 lime, sliced into rounds
- Take salmon out of fridge and set at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes or so. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a small food processor, add all the ingredients for the garlic cilantro sauce. Blend until everything is well combined into a sauce.
- Place the salmon fillet in a lightly oiled baking pan like this one. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Now spoon the garlic-cilantro sauce on top of the salmon fillet and spread evenly to coat the salmon. (You will have extra garlic-cilantro sauce, pour it into a small bowl to serve next to the salmon.)
- Arrange the tomato and lime slices on top of the salmon fillet.
- Place the baking pan in the top half of your heated oven, bake for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2 inch of thickness (if your salmon fillet is about 1-inch thick, check for doneness at 8 minutes or so). Test temprature with an instant read thermometer, and remove salmon from heat at somewhere between 125 degrees F and 130 degrees F, cover lightly with foil and let rest for another 5 to 8 minutes or so to finish cooking. Enjoy!
- Cook's Tip: Perfectly baked salmon should turn a nice opaque pink in color and should be moist, tender and flaky. To avoid overcooking salmon, bring it to room temprature before baking (step #1) Watch the cooking process closely and check for doneness using an instant read thermometer. Salmon is ready when it's internal temperature reads between 125 degrees F and 140 degrees F. Here, I like to take it out at the 125 degrees F mark and let it rest for 5 to 8 minutes to finish cooking. A simple poke with a knife at the thickest part will also allow you to see the color and how flaky the fish is.
- What to serve along? This salmon works well with many Mediterranean dishes like Lemon rice, Greek potatoes, simple Mediterranean salad, Tzatziki Sauce...(more ideas in the post above)
- Leftovers? You can store leftover baked salmon in the fridge for 2 days. My preference is to eat the leftovers cold or at room temperature.
- Recommended for this Recipe our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (single estate. Hand-picked. Cold pressed. From organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives)
- VISIT OUR SHOP for quality Mediterranean Ingredients
- Prep Time: 7 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Baked Salmon Recipe, Mediterranean Salmon, Easy Salmon Recipe, How to Bake Salmon