Make this easy halibut recipe with green beans and cherry tomatoes in 30 minutes or less! It bakes in a flavorful Mediterranean-style sauce with olive oil, lemon juice, dill weed and lots of garlic. Take a look at the step-by-step photos below.
When faced with a flat white fish like halibut, two things usually come to mind: my baking sheet pan and an olive-oil based sauce.
You can make a great baking sauce for fish using quality olive oil + citrus + your favorite spices. And because we’re talking Mediterranean-style, let’s add a good dose of fresh garlic.
In my opinion, there is no such thing as too much sauce. Well, there might be, but not in the case of today’s halibut recipe. I make a generous amount of the garlicy flavor-packed sauce and I add some vegetables to complete the meal. And everything goes on my trusted baking sheet pan.
Simple! We’re talking of today’s one-pan Mediterranean baked halibut recipe.
This halibut recipe follows the Mediterranean diet to a T; a light and nutrition-packed meal. But perhaps the biggest selling point is that this halibut recipe requires only one pan and 30 minutes or less to accomplish. That’s a win for me!
Watch How to Make this Baked Halibut Recipe
Make this easy halibut recipe with green beans and cherry tomatoes in 30 minutes or less! It bakes in a flavorful Mediterranean-style sauce with olive oil, lemon juice, dill weed and lots of garlic.
For the Sauce:
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly minced garlic
- 2 tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp seasoned salt, more for later
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp ground coriander
For the Fish
- 1 lb fresh French beans
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 1 large yellow onion sliced into half moons
- 1 1/2 lb halibut fillet, slice into 1 1/2-inch strips
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients together. Add the green beans, tomatoes, and onions and toss to coat with the sauce (you can do this in batches if the bowl is too small).
- With a large slotted spoon or spatula, transfer the vegetables to a large baking sheet (21 x 15 x 1 inch baking sheet, for example). Keep the vegetables to one side or one half of the baking sheet and make sure they are spread out in one layer.
- Now, add the halibut fillet strips to the remaining sauce, toss to coat. Transfer the halibut fillet to the baking sheet next to the vegetables and pour any remaining sauce on top.
- Lightly sprinkle the halibut and vegetables with a little seasoned salt.
- Bake in the 450 degrees F heated oven for 15 minutes. Then transfer the baking sheet to the top oven rack and broil for another 3-5 minutes, watching carefully. The cherry tomatoes should begin to pop under the broiler.
- When ready, remove the baked halibut and vegetables from the oven. Serve immediately. If you’re looking to add a side, we recommend this Lebanese rice.
Keywords: Baked halibut, Mediterranean halibut, halibut with vegetables, Mediterranean fish dish, halibut and vegetables
A few step photos for this baked halibut recipe
More fish recipes to try: