- 1 1/2 lb (700g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (I used Private Reserve Greek EVOO)
For Mushroom Sauce
- 1 tbsp ghee or unsalted butter
- 12 oz fresh large mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and Pepper
- Parsley for garnish
- Heat oven to 200 degrees F. You will use it to keep the chicken warm.
- Cut chicken breasts in halves the horizontal way to make thinner chicken cutlets. Pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Combine oregano, paprika, and coriander in a small bowl. Season the chicken with the spice mixture on both sides.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil until shimmering but not smoking. Add the chicken cutlets and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on one side, then turn over and cook for another 3 minutes or so. To check for doneness, cut into a piece with a thin-bladed knife and take a peek. Transfer the chicken to an ovenproof platter and put it in the oven.
- In the same skillet, now add a tiny bit more extra virgin olive oil. Add ghee and melt. Sautee the mushrooms for 5 minutes. Add broth, green onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, spoon some of the sauce on top. Serve immediately.
- Leftovers storage tips: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days. And because there is no cream involved, you can also freeze leftovers for use at a later time. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
- Reheating tips: Reheat in a skillet over medium heat until warmed through; add a little more chicken broth (and you may cover slightly.) Do not heat for too long or chicken may toughen and dry out.
- Visit our Online Shop to browse quality Mediterranean ingredients including olive oils and spices used in this recipe
- Category: Entree
- Method: Pan Seared
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Mushroom chicken, chicken and mushroom recipe, healthy chicken and mushroom