This Mediterranean Orange and Pomegranate Salad Recipe is a new favorite here on the blog. Slices of sweet Navel oranges are given a lift with the addition of pomegranate seeds (arils), fresh mint, and a honeyed lime dressing. A festive and light addition to any dinner!
- 1 1/2 oz thinly sliced red onions (about 1 cup)
- 25 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 6 Navel oranges, peeled, sliced into rounds
- Pinch salt
- Pinch sweet paprika
- pinch ground cinnamon
- Seeds (arils) of 1 pomegranate
- Make the dressing. In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice, olive oil, honey and orange blossom water. Set aside.
- Place the sliced onions in a bowl of ice cold water. Set aside for 5-10 minutes, then remove the onions from the water and dry them completely.
- Prepare a serving platter. Sprinkle half the amount of chopped mint leaves on the platter, then arrange the orange slices and onions on top. Sprinkle a pinch of salt, sweet paprika, and cinnamon. Now spread the pomegranate seeds on top.
- Drizzle or spoon the dressing over the orange pomegranate salad (You can add as little or as much as you want of the dressing.)
- Finally top the salad with the remaining fresh mint leaves. Set aside for 5 minutes or so before serving.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Counter Top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Mediterranean Salad, Orange Pomegranate Salad, Sweet orange salad,