Showstopping rosemary chicken roasted with cranberries.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2–3 tbsp white wine vinegar, more for later
- 6 pieces bone-in, skin on chicken (I used 2 chicken breasts and 4 thighs)
- 6–8 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 1/2 tsp dry rosemary)
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/3 cup Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of (do not discard used lemon halves)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- More fresh rosemary for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, brown sugar, and white wine vinegar. Set aside for now.
- Pat the chicken pieces dry. Rub the chicken with the minced garlic on both sides (make sure to apply some of the garlic underneath the chicken skins). Season well with salt and pepper. Combine the rosemary and paprika then apply to the chicken pieces on both sides and again underneath the skin.
- In a large bowl or deep enough dish, mix the olive oil, lemon juice and 2 tbsp white wine vinegar. Now add the chicken, celery, onions, and used lemon halves. Work everything together with clean hands. Set aside to marinate just for 15 minutes or so.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet. Place the chicken skin side down to brown on medium-high for 5 minutes. Turn over and brown on the other side.
- Place the chicken, onions, celery, lemon halves and any liquid from the marinade in a lightly oiled baking pan likethis one. Add 1/2 cup water or chicken broth, then add the sugared cranberries.
- Bake in the 425 degrees F heated-oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through. Serve hot with Lebanese rice and your favorite salad.
- Cook’s Tip: For those who much prefer using boneless chicken, you absolutely can. Christopher, one of our readers tried it with boneless chicken. Here is what he recommends: bake 26 minutes in the oven after browning the chicken pieces for more like 3 1/2 minutes on each side.
- Recommended for this Recipe: Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed koroneiki olives). And from our all natural and organic spice collections: sweet paprika and rosemary (if not using fresh rosemary.)
- Category: Entree
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Rosemary Chicken