Easy Baked Brie Recipe with Jam and Nuts! An impressive and un-fussy appetizer for any party. Comes together in 15 minutes.
- 3 tbsp fig jam or honey, divided
- 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup dried mission figs, sliced
- 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup walnut hearts, roughly chopped
- 13-oz round French brie
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the fig jam in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
- In a small bowl, combine the sliced dried figs with the nuts. Add half of the fig jam and mix well to coat the nut mixture.
- Place the round of brie in a small cast iron skillet or oven-safe dish. Using a small knife, coat the brie with the remainder of the jam (or honey.)
- Top the brie with the fig and nut mixture.
- Place brie skillet or dish on top of a baking sheet. Bake in 375 degree F-heated oven for 10 minutes (or until brie softens a lot and starts to ooze).
- Remove from oven and let brie sit for 5 minutes. Serve warm with your favorite crackers!
- Pro-Tip: Use an expensive brie from your local grocery store. Works just as well as what you’d buy at an expensive cheese store
- Pro-Tip: You can mix the toppings however you like. If fig jam is not available to you, you can use honey, apricot jam, or orange marmalade. I like walnut hearts and pistachios here, but you can also change those up using pecans, almonds, or other nuts you like. Same with the dried figs, other dry fruit like apricots, cranberries or raisins will work.
- Pro-Tip: Brie rind is perfectly edible. I leave it on here for looks…it will hold the melted brie together and keep the toppings nicely on top. But you can, if you prefer, remove the top rind
- Pro-Tip for Safe Handling: Always place the dish holding the brie on top of a sheet pan or baking sheet. This will help you easily remove the baked brie from the warm oven, and it will also catch any falling toppings/nuts or oozing cheese.
- Pro-Tip: Let baked brie sit for 3 to 5 minutes to settle before slicing or pocking at it.
- Category: Appetizer
Keywords: Baked Brie, Baked Brie Recipe, Baked Brie with Jam and Nuts