These simple baked eggplant fries are the perfect snack or appetizer. Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside! Delicious with Tzatziki!
For the Eggplant Fries
- 1 medium eggplant
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
For the Greek Tzatziki Sauce (optional)
- 1 Homemade Tzatziki Sauce (see the recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- First, cut the eggplant into 1-inch rounds. Sprinkle with salt and set aside for 20 minutes (the eggplant will sweat out any bitterness). Pat dry. Now cut the eggplant slices into even-sized batons or "fries."
- Dredge the eggplant fries into the flour. Next, dip them in the eggs, then coat them with a mixture of the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Prepare a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Spray the wire rack with olive oil cooking spray. Now arrange the eggplant fries on top of the wire rack. Spray the eggplant fries with a little olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated 425 degrees F oven for 10 minutes or until the eggplant fries are golden and crisp.
- Make the Greek Tzatziki Sauce according to this recipe.
- Serve the eggplant fries hot or warm with the Tzatziki sauce or a side of marinara. Enjoy!
- Make ahead note: You can prepare the Greek Tzatziki Sauce a day in advance, if you like. Simply store in an airtight container in the fridge. Before serving, give it a quick stir to refresh.
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer/Snack
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Eggplant fries, baked eggplant fries, baked eggplant