Easy Mediterranean style grilled shrimp with roasted garlic cilantro sauce. Perfect as an appetizer, or double the sauce and toss it with your favorite pasta for an easy dinner!
- 1.5 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil (I used Early Harvest Greek extra virgin olive oil)
For Roasted garlic cilantro sauce:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim the top of the garlic head to expose a bit of the cloves, but keep intact. Drizzle generously with olive oil and wrap in foil. Roast garlic head in heated oven for about 10-15 minutes or until slightly tender and fragrant. When ready, remove from the oven. Let cool briefly. Peel and crush or chop the roasted garlic as finely as possible. (See cook's tip #1)
- Now prepare the roasted garlic-cilantro sauce. In a small bowl, combine the roasted garlic with the remaining sauce ingredients of fresh cilantro, lime juice, white wine, extra virgin olive oil and chili sauce. Whisk together and set aside.
- To grill shrimp. Heat an indoor griddle or cast iron skillet over high heat. Pat shrimp dry and season with salt and pepper, drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil and toss. Arrange shrimp on heated griddle or skillet and grill on both sides for a total of 4 to 5 minutes. (Avoid overcooking shrimp, when it starts to turn pink on one side, turn it over and cook on the other side.)
- Transfer cooked shrimp to a bowl, pour the roasted garlic cilantro sauce on top. Toss to coat. Transfer to a serving platter and enjoy! (See Cook's Tip #2 for serving ideas)
- Cook's Tip #1: I often roast lots of garlic and keep it for later use. See this tutorial for how to roast garlic. You can also use store-bought roasted garlic in this recipe, if you like.
- Cook's Tip #2: This recipe will serve 4 to 6 for dinner. I highly recommend that you double the amount of sauce and toss the shrimp into your favorite freshly cooked pasta for dinner (no pasta sauce needed.) As an appetizer, this shrimp will serve up to 10. There are two ways to serve it as an appetizer. Toss the shrimp in the sauce and arrange on a platter, or you can serve the cooked shrimp plain and add the roasted garlic cilantro sauce next to it.
- Cook's Tip #3 for Leftovers: Store leftover shrimp in a tight-lid container and refrigerate for 2 to 3 days.
- Recommended for this Recipe: Our Early Harvest Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives!)
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Grilled Shrimp, Garlic Shrimp, Easy Shrimp Recipe