Simple Mediterranean tomato salad with red onions and fresh herbs. Garlic, a generous pinch of sumac, creamy feta add flavor. Citrus and extra virgin olive oil make the dressing!
- 6 to 7 medium ripe tomatoes (on-the-vine tomatoes or heirloom tomatoes preferred), sliced into wedges
- 1 medium red onion, halved, then thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 packed cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 packed cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 1/2 tsp ground sumac
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup Early Harvest Greek extra virgin olive oil
- Feta cheese, optional
- In a large salad or mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, onions, fresh herbs and garlic. Add sumac, salt and a generous sprinkle of freshly ground pepper.
- Add the lemon juice, white wine vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil. Toss well to combine. Taste and adjust the salt to your liking.
- Transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Top with large slices of quality feta cheese (optional). Enjoy!
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Tomato Salad, Tomato Salad Recipe, Mediterranean Salad