Make this easy winter fruit salad recipe in minutes for a bright, refreshing recipe full of sweet flavors and crunchy textures you’ll adore!
Enjoy refreshing salads all year long and add a pop of color to your dinner table with this tantalizing winter fruit salad recipe! Crisp, sweet fruit pairs wonderfully with savory walnuts, and refreshing herbs. Then, a honey syrup ties it all together for a crowd-worthy dish.
Think salads are just for warm weather? Think again! Just like my summer fruit salad, citrus salad, or fall roasted beet salad with pears and goat cheese, this winter fruit salad utilizes in-season produce for a simple recipe guaranteed to bring a little excitement (especially welcome on cold winter days!).
It’s quick, easy, and has a delightful balance of sweet flavors and crunchy textures. Refreshing citrus, crisp apples and pears, and tangy pomegranate arils are included for a bold appearance and unbeatable taste. I tie it all together with a simple honey-based dressing and drizzle it over the top. The end result is a recipe that’s bursting with flavor, texture, and plenty of nutrients!
Whip it up in minutes for a refreshing, crowd-pleasing side dish or appetizer. Pack it in lunches or bring it along to your next potluck dinner.
Table of Contents
What is in Winter Fruit Salad?
This salad boasts just a handful of ingredients and a sweet homemade dressing for a picture-worthy recipe that’s unbelievably delicious!
For the Winter Fruit Salad
- Fruit: Apples, pears, clementine oranges, and kiwis form the base of this winter salad recipe, creating a crisp texture and a sweet, bright flavor.
- Pomegranate arils: The edible seeds of pomegranates, these provide a tangy taste and extra crunch while packing in tons of health benefits according to the National Library of Medicine. You can buy the grocery store tubs, but fresh pomegranate seeds will be fresher, more flavorful, and far less expensive. See our guide for how to cut a pomegranate the easy way for tips.
- Walnuts: Crunchy and delicious, walnuts are an excellent source of healthy omega-3 fatty acids and are a staple in the Mediterranean diet.
- Mint leaves: Technically optional but highly recommended, mint leaves provide a sweet, refreshing flavor that takes this salad to the next level.
For the Dressing
- Honey: Use anywhere from 2-3 tablespoons of honey, depending on how sweet you want your dressing, and be sure to warm it up! Our Greek honey has a deep rich, herbal flavor that works well here, but you can use what you have on hand.
- Citrus Juice: Make sure to use fresh juice from limes and oranges. You really can taste the difference!
How to Make This Winter Fruit Salad Recipe
This salad comes together in minutes with virtually no prep!
- Make the honey syrup dressing. In a large bowl, combine the honey, lime juice, and lemon juice. Start with 2 tablespoons of honey, and whisk the ingredients together. Once smooth, give it a taste test, and adjust the ingredients as needed to suit your preferences. Then, set the dressing aside while you work on the salad.
- Chop the fruit. Get out a large mixing bowl, a cutting board, and a sharp knife. Slice up all your fruit, discarding pits and peels, and add them to the bowl.
- Toss to coat. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl of fruit, and feel free to add any additional ingredients you want to spruce it up even more! For instance, we love to include extra fresh mint or a sprinkle of unsweetened shredded coconut. You could also stir a bit of pomegranate molasses into the dressing for a bright, tangy pop of flavor unlike anything else. Then, toss to coat, and dig in right away!
More Amazing Salad Recipes
Try our Amazing Honey!
From the Greek island of Crete, this award-winning honey is sourced from bees feeding on the abundance of wild and aromatic plants in the unspoiled mountain forest. It's the perfect addition to your winter fruit salad dressing.
Winter Fruit Salad
For the dressing:
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey, warmed
- Juice of 2 large limes
- ¼ cup orange juice
For the salad:
- 2 large apples, cored and thinly sliced (Honeycrisp or gala apples will work)
- 2 Bosc pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 Clementine oranges, peeled and segmented
- 3 kiwis, peeled and thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 6 to 10 fresh mint leaves, chopped (optional)
- Make the dressing: In a large mixing bowl, combine the dressing ingredients of honey, lime juice, and orange juice, and whisk.
- Add the fruit: Add all the fruit and chopped walnuts. Sprinkle with mint, if using. Toss everything until well combined. Serve!
- To add more flavor and a little Mediterranean flare, sprinkle a couple tablespoons of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- You can also try adding 1 tablespoon of pomegranate molasses to the dressing. Pomegranate molasses is great in salad dressings; it adds a bright tangy-sweet note that is unlike anything else.
- Visit our shop to browse quality Mediterranean ingredients including olive oils, honey, jams and spices.