You’ll love this easy Greek yogurt pumpkin parfait. A quick, healthier alternative to pumpkin pie, but with all the cozy fall flavors! A tiny bit of Mascarpone provides that indulgent, velvety texture, while a topping of dark chocolate chips and nuts adds crunch!
- 1 15-oz can pumpkin puree (or scant 2 cups homemade pumpkin puree)
- 1 1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 3–4 Tbsp mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp molasses, more for garnish
- 2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2–2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Chocolate chips for garnish
- Chopped hazelnuts or walnuts for garnish
- Place the pumpkin puree, Greek yogurt and the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips and nuts, in a large mixing bowl. Using a hand electric mixer or a whisk, mix together until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Give it a taste and adjust flavor to your liking (add a bit of molasses or brown sugar to sweeten some more, for example. Or adjust the spices if you want more cinnamon or nutmeg.) Mix again to combine.
- Transfer the pumpkin-yogurt mixture to small (3-oz) serving goblets or small mason jars. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- When ready to serve, top each with a drizzle of molasses, chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts or walnuts. Enjoy!
- Prepare-Ahead Tip: You can prepare this pumpkin parfait one night in advance. Simply refrigerate in a tightly closed container or individual mason jars (hold the chocolate chips and nuts for later). When ready to serve, stir the yogurt mixture and transfer it into the serving goblets or mini jars and follow step 3.
- To serve a larger crowd: Simply double the recipe to feed 12 or more (small 3-oz goblets or mason jars.)
- Visit The Mediterranean Dish shop to browse our products including all-natural and organic spices, olive oils and more.
- Category: dessert
- Method: Mixing
Keywords: Yogurt Parfait, Pumpkin Parfait, Greek Yogurt Parfait