You are going to LOVE this hearty soup! Pair it with some fresh bread and it is sure to be a family favorite.
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage, casings removed
- Olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 8 oz french green beans, trimmed and cut
- 12 oz frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper (small dash to taste)
- 6 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup small pasta such as mini Farfalle or elbow macaroni
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas
- 1 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 7 large fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup grated Parmagiano Reggiano
- Spray a non-stick pan with very little oil. Heat the pan on medium-high and brown the sausage until it is fully cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat 2 tbsp of oil and saute the chopped onion and celery for a brief 2-3 minutes or so. Now toss in the chopped garlic; saute for a few more seconds then add the green beans, artichoke hearts, canned tomatoes, dried oregano and a small dash of salt and pepper. Cook on medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Now add the cooked sausage and broth; stir to combine. Continue to cook on medium-high heat for another 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium-low; cover and let simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Uncover to add the pasta, chickpeas, and parsley. Raise the heat back to high and cook uncovered for another 8-9 minutes (pasta should cook to al dente).
- Remove from heat and stir in the fresh basil.
- Transfer to serving bowls and garnish each with a little Parmaginao Reggiano! Enjoy with a side of your favorite bread.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Minestrone, Minestrone Soup with Sausage