The perfect grilled chicken recipe, prepared Mediterranean-style! The secret is in the marinade with lots of great Mediterranean spices. The dill Greek yogurt sauce is a must-have! I like to serve this grilled chicken with a few Mediterranean sides and salads (see suggestions below!)
For the Dill Greek Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill, stems removed
- 1 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
- Pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- Salt, if needed
For the Grilled Chicken:
- First make the dill Greek yogurt sauce. Combine the minced garlic, fresh dill, yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice and cayenne pepper in a food processor. Run the food processor until all the ingredients are well blended and a smooth thick sauce or dip develops. Test and add salt if needed. Transfer to a small bowl or container, cover and refrigerate.
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, spices and 3 tbsp olive oil. Pat the chicken thighs dry and rub each with the garlic-spice mixture.
- Place the spiced chicken thighs in a large dish on a bed of sliced red onions with lemon juice and the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or overnight.
- When ready, heat a gas grill to medium-high. Place the chicken thighs on the grill. Cover for 5-6 minutes, then turn the chicken over and grill for another 5-6 minutes covered.
- Serve with a side of the dill Greek yogurt dip you prepared earlier!
- To complete this light meal, add Greek potatoes or pita bread and a salad like Fattoush Salad.
- Cook's Tip: For best flavor, allow 2 to 4 hours for the chicken to marinate (refrigerated)
- Recommended for this Recipe: Our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives!)
- Recommended for this recipe: All-natural ground Paprika, All-Spice, Cardamom, and Nutmeg.
- SAVE! Create your own 6-pack of spices here Or try our Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle.
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- The dill Greek yogurt sauce will keep well overnight, but you may have to discard any extra moisture that shows up on top. Give it a quick stir before serving.
- To be sure the chicken is done, your thermometer, testing the thickest part of the chicken, should register 165 degrees F.
- You can use chicken breasts if you prefer, adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Entree
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Grilled Chicken, Mediterranean Chicken, Dill Greek Yogurt,