You'll want to save this no-fuss egg toast recipe with vegetables and make it on repeat! This omelet toast is a satisfying and healthy breakfast recipe that takes only 5 minutes of work. Make it for your family or double (or even triple) the recipe to serve company.
I get asked all the time for Mediterranean Diet inspired breakfast ideas, and this egg toast with vegetables ticks all my boxes! Quick? Check. Easy? Check. Delicious? Check!!
Simply whisk together eggs, vegetables, and some feta cheese. Spoon the mixture onto sliced bread, and bake for about 15 minutes. Breakfast is served!
The recipe gives you four servings, but you can double or triple it to serve a bigger crowd. It's perfect for special brunch gatherings.
Table of Contents
Ingredients you’ll need for egg toast
A few eggs, vegetables, and spices are all you need to make delicious egg toast for breakfast! Here’s more details:
- Eggs: You’ll need 4 to 5 large eggs.
- Spices: Add color, flavor, and depth with sweet paprika and red pepper flakes (or Aleppo-style pepper). Find my favorite spices at our online shop!
- Vegetables: I used a bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, and green onions, but I have ideas of different veggies you can use below.
- Crumbled feta cheese: Opt for a block of feta in the brine and crumble it at home instead of choosing the pre-crumbled kind. These tend to be dry instead of creamy, and lack the robust flavor of blocks of feta cheese.
- Parsley: A few tablespoons of chopped flat-leaf parsley add a fresh herbal element.
- Extra virgin olive oil: I like a medium-intensity EVOO here, like our Italian Nocellara oil or California Arbequina oil.
- Bread: Use your favorite thick-cut sandwich bread. A softer bread like challah would also work well. Whole grains are a welcome part of the Mediterranean diet, so if you can, opt for whole wheat bread.
How to make egg toast
I am all about a no-fuss breakfast recipe, so this simple baked egg toast is part of my regular rotation! Here’s how to make it:
- Prepare the egg and vegetable mixture. To a medium mixing bowl, add 4 to 5 large eggs, kosher salt, ½ teaspoon paprika, and ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes or Aleppo-style pepper. Whisk, then add 1 chopped bell pepper, ½ cup halved or chopped cherry tomatoes, green onions, ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add eggs and vegetables to the bread. Brush a sheet pan lightly with olive oil and arrange 4 slices of bread in it. Divide the egg mixture among the bread, making sure all the slices have some vegetables and feta cheese on top.
- Bake the bread. Bake on the center rack of your oven heated to 375°F for about 15 minutes. The eggs should be cooked and the vegetables should have softened slightly.
Egg toast loves company
A single egg toast makes a super satisfying and healthy breakfast, because it's loaded with veggies, a little fat from the feta and protein from the eggs, but if you need a little something extra, add a drink.
Why not make a refreshing green juice , creamy tahini date shake or cozy lemon ginger tea to go along with it? A simple fruit salad is an easy and welcome addition to morning meals, too. It doesn’t have to be fancy.
Egg toast is a great way to feed a crowd for Sunday brunch. You can easily double this recipe, and pop it in the oven. Whip up the drinks and salad while it bakes. No standing over a stove making a couple of pancakes at a time.
If you are planning for company and need a gluten-free option, serve my pumpkin parfait. It's another healthy breakfast (or dessert) idea to add to the rotation. Sometimes the conversation keeps coming especially when the food and drinks are flowing!
Don't be afraid to turn brunch into an afternoon affair! Serve your guests carajillo — a boozy coffee drink beloved in Spain, and many other Spanish speaking countries.
Egg toast anyway you want it!
Feel free to tweak the vegetables and spices to use what you have on hand. I love how customizable this egg toast breakfast recipe is! Here are some ideas:
- If you’re an onion lover, swap out the green onions for very finely chopped red onions. You’ll get more of a delicious “oniony” bite.
- Use finely chopped firm Roma or on the vine tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes. Tomatoes that are too ripe and mushy will make the toast soggy.
- Change up the flavor of the eggs by using different seasonings! If you want a little smokiness, skip the paprika in favor of smoked paprika. For subtle heat, add a sprinkle of black or Aleppo pepper. For more herby vibes, add a teaspoon of homemade Italian seasoning.
More breakfast recipes with eggs
Season up your eggs with our spices!
Egg Toast with Vegetables (Healthy Breakfast Recipe)
- 4 to 5 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1 teaspoon Aleppo-style pepper
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved or chopped
- 2 green onions, trimmed and chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices of sandwich bread, thick cut
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and set a rack in the middle.
- Beat and season the eggs. In a medium mixing bowl, add the eggs and season with kosher salt, paprika, and red pepper flakes or Aleppo-style pepper, and whisk.
- Add the vegetables, etc. Add the chopped veggies, feta, and parsley, and a drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare the bread. Brush a sheet pan with olive oil and arrange the bread on it.
- Top each slice of bread with a portion of the whisked egg mixture.
- Bake. Place the sheet-pan on the middle rack of your heated oven. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the egg mixture is fully cooked and the veggies have softened a bit.
- Variations: Use finely chopped red onions instead of green onions; swap the cherry tomatoes for firm chopped Roma tomatoes, or use different seasonings like smoked paprika or homemade Italian seasoning.
- Visit Our Shop for quality Mediterranean ingredients including extra virgin olive oils, spices, lentils, and grains.