Warm weather vibes going on here with this tasty Mediterranean-style grilled zucchini salad, and I won’t apologize for it! Simple grilled zucchini tossed in extra virgin olive oil and finished with fresh herbs and feta. This is perfect next to almost anything from Souvlaki to Greek Baked Meatballs or pan-seared salmon. I love adding a little Tzatziki sauce along.
Be sure to watch the video below for how to make this easy zucchini salad.
Koussa, or zucchini squash, is a love of mine since my early childhood. One of my mom’s signature dishes was this amazing stuffed zucchini, and I do try to make it once in a while. But, more often than not, I opt for a quick something like today’s Mediterranean-style grilled zucchini salad.
Why this grilled zucchini salad works
Zucchini squash is one of those super good-for-you ingredients, but it has a bit of a reputation as being bland.
When in doubt, totally throw your zucchini on the grill or an indoor griddle. They’ll soften up and get nice and charred imparting great flavor with very little effort–essentially what we do here in this grilled zucchini salad. A little coating of great EVOO, lemon juice, cumin and fresh herbs, take a simple grilled zucchini to a show-stopping zucchini salad.
What to serve along with this zucchini salad
This zucchini salad is great served room temperature, which makes it the perfect potluck dish to bring along. In the summer months, I love adding it as a side to this grilled Kofta or my Mediterranean grilled chicken & dill yogurt sauce. Or as part of mezze along with other small plates like Tzatziki, roasted garlic hummus and tabouli.
Watch How to Make this Mediterranean Zucchini RecipePrint
Easy Mediterranean-style grilled zucchini salad with fresh herbs, lemon juice, and a sprinkle of feta. Serve it at room temperature.
- Place the zucchini into a large bowl. Drizzle about 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, and sprinkle with cumin. Toss with your clean hands to combine.
- Heat a grill or griddle until hot, add zucchini in batches (do not crowd). Grill for 4 minutes or so, turning over a couple of times until zucchini are cooked through and perfectly charred.
- Transfer grilled zucchini back to the bowl. Add lemon juice, fresh garlic, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Add fresh herbs and toss again gently.
- Transfer to a serving platter and top with a sprinkle of feta or goat cheese, if you like. Serve at room temperature.
- For suggestions, see “what to serve with this zucchini salad” section up in the post above.
- Recommended for this recipe: our Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives). And from our organic spice collection: ground cumin.
- SAVE! Try our Greek Olive Oil Bundle; Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle, or create your own 6-pack or 3-pack from our all-natural or organic spice collections!
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: zucchini salad, grilled zucchini, grilled zucchini recipe, Mediterranean zucchini recipe