The perfect loaded baked potato, fluffy and creamy on the inside with crispy skin and packed with flavor from toppings like Greek Tzatziki sauce, olives, tomatoes, and feta!
- 4 large russet potatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil (I used Private Reserve Greek EVOO)
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1-2 tsp dried oregano
For the Toppings
- Greek Tzatziki Sauce (I use this recipe)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley flakes
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted Greek olives
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes clean. Dry completely.
- Poke holes all over the potato using a fork – about 5 to 6 times. Rub the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt, and prick them in several places with the tines of a fork. Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet, and bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are super soft and fork-tender and the skin is nice and crisp (can take up to 75 minutes).
- While the potatoes are baking, make the Tzatziki sauce according to this recipe, if using, and prepare the remaining toppings.
- When the potatoes are ready, remove from the oven and set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Slice each open wide, and scoop the potato flesh out into a bowl. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper, and dried oregano. Mash with a fork.
- Now, scoop the mashed potatoes back into the skins. Using your hands, reshape the potatoes if needed, then top with the Tzatziki sauce and the remaining Mediterranean toppings to your liking. Enjoy!
- Cook's Tip: Ovens do vary a bit, so your baked potatoes may take anywhere from 1 hour to 75 minutes. You want them to be nice and soft on the inside and for the skin to crisp up nicely. To test, poke a potato in the thickest part with a fork.
- Visit our Online Shop to browse quality Mediterranean ingredients including extra virgin olive oils and spices!
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Baked potato recipe, easy baked potato, loaded baked potato