This pan seared salmon with wilted spinach and arugula, dressed in a bit of fresh orange juice, comes together in 15 minutes or less. Who can beat that?!
- To make the spice mix, in a small bowl combine the garlic powder, oregano, seasoned salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Pat the salmon fillets dry and season them on both sides with the spice mix you just prepared. Set aside briefly.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the baby spinach and give it a few turns until warmed through and wilted. Turn the heat off. Toss in the arugula, a pinch of salt and 3 tbsp of the fresh orange juice. Mix with a wooden spoon. Transfer to a serving platter and set aside.
- In a large heavy or cast iron skillet, heat 2-3 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add salmon and cook for 4-5 minutes on one side, when the bottom is firm and browned, turn over and cook for another 2 minutes or so.
- Transfer salmon to the serving platter and arrange it on top of the wilted spinach and arugula. Pour the remainder of the fresh orange juice on top of the salmon and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Salmon, Pan Seared Salmon, Orange Salmon, Salmon with Spinach, Spinach