Simple, bright, and flavor-packed pasta with peas and pancetta. Tossed in a garlic and olive oil sauce with fresh parsley and a little grated Parmesan cheese.
- 3/4 lb thin spaghetti (or pasta of your choice)
- Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 4-oz cubed pancetta (you can use bacon cut into bits, if you like)
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed (or fresh peas)
- 8 large garlic cloves, minced
- Black pepper
- 2 tsp Aleppo pepper, divided
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped (2 to 3 cups packed chopped parsley)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to your liking
- Cook pasta to al dante in plenty of salted boiling water, consult package for instructions. Be sure to add a splash of extra virgin olive oil to the cooking water. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water aside, then drain pasta (some of the starchy pasta water will serve as sauce later)
- Meanwhile, heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta (or bacon) and cook, tossing regularly, until fully cooked and browned. Remove pancetta onto a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Carefully dispose of most of the pancetta fat leaving just a hint (about 2 tsp) for flavoring.
- Set stove top to medium heat and return skillet to heat. To the little bit of pancetta fat, add 4 tbsp Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil. Heat until shimmering but not smoking, then add shallots, peas, salt, black pepper, and 1 tsp aleppo pepper. Raise heat to medium-high and cook for 5 minutes, tossing regularly. Add garlic and parsley and cook for another 3 mins, or until peas are fully cooked through.
- Now return cooked pancetta to skillet. Add cooked pasta and 3/4 cup of the reserved pasta water. Add the remaining 1 tsp aleppo pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice. Toss to combine.
- Add grated Parmesan cheese (you might stat with 3 to 4 tbsp and adjust as needed.) Test and adjust seasoning (salt and pepper) to your liking.
- Transfer pasta to serving bowls. Enjoy hot.
- This pasta makes a great next to something like this pan-seared salmon; breaded chicken; or this Mediterranean grilled chicken, for example. For a starter, try this avocado salad or this balela salad.
- Note: Because this pasta comes together quickly, it's a good idea to work on salads etc. before you begin making the pasta.
- Recommended for this Recipe: Private Reserve Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil. And from our All-Natural Spice Collection, Aleppo-Style pepper-- a mild chili pepper with a sweet raisin-like undertone.
- SAVE! Try our Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil Bundle, and our Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle! Or create your own 6-pack or 3-pack from our all-natural or organic spice collections!
- Browse The Mediterranean Dish store for quality Mediterranean ingredients.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Pasta with Peas, Peas and Pancetta, Pasta,